The Tone Scientist (YouTube channel feed)

DLC86

Roadie
Hi folks, I'm making this thread to let you know that I just started a youtube channel where I'll talk about amp modelers (but not only that) and Fractal Audio devices especially, since that's what I've been mainly using for the last 9 years.
I've always been a technical-minded guy, so I'll go pretty in depth with my explanations, to offer something that's often missing in youtube videos, in our niche at least.

I already put out a couple videos but these are in my mother language (Italian), though I'll start very soon to make some content in English as well, so if you're interested please subscribe to the channel and help me grow it. Thank you!

All my "marketing" here will be this single announcement thread, cuz I don't wanna spam my videos on every thread and forum like some other youtubers do (cough... Doug... Cough..).

Here's the latest video in case there's anyone who understands Italian:

Last edited:
Good luck!

Would you be able to create most of the content (guitar tracks, screen captures, etc.) for the videos then change the audio overdub and text to English? That way you can expand the audience quite a bit without fully redoing everything?

Good luck!

Would you be able to create most of the content (guitar tracks, screen captures, etc.) for the videos then change the audio overdub and text to English? That way you can expand the audience quite a bit without fully redoing everything?
I think just adding English subtitles would do, even though you can auto-generate those as well.

Hi folks, I'm making this thread to let you know that I just started a youtube channel where I'll talk about amp modelers (but not only that) and Fractal Audio devices especially, since that's what I've been mainly using for the last 9 years.
I've always been a technical-minded guy, so I'll go pretty in depth with my explanations, to offer something that's often missing in youtube videos, in our niche at least.

I already put out a couple videos but these are in my mother language (Italian), though I'll start very soon to make some content in English as well, so if you're interested please subscribe to the channel and help me grow it. Thank you!

All my "marketing" here will be this single announcement thread, cuz I don't wanna spam my videos on every thread and forum like some other youtubers do (cough... Doug... Cough..).

Here's the latest video in case there's anyone who understands Italian:

Grazie. È un video eccellente. Aspetto con ansia il tuo nuovo canale

Good luck!

Yeah but I think that would look quite weird with my talking face almost always on the screen 😅
I'll think about what I can do to be efficient with that... On one hand the audience would be much larger by making them in english, on the other hand I don't want to "abandon" those for whom I actually decided to start this channel.

I think just adding English subtitles would do, even though you can auto-generate those as well.
Yep, I'm actually doing that right now... But those auto-generated subs really suck (both in davinci resolve and on youtube) and I need to edit those quite heavily, so I don't know how much time it actually makes me save

NEW VIDEO

Third part of the series about Gilmour is finally online!
In this episode we'll take a look at his rigs going from 1987, the year A Momentary Lapse Of Reason was released, till 1994, year of the Division Bell tour and therefore of the recording of PULSE.

New video, this time about "FRFR" and Amp where I'm at 😬

Let's try to shed some light on the various amplification systems which can be used with an amp modeler or profiler.

Back