The "Say Something Positive" Thread.

I'd happily stay at your house without us being friends, should I ever make it there.
oh-thats-awkward.jpg

;)

Despite how much I gripe about my job, my boss is awesome and I’m grateful she came into my life when she did. It’s pretty rare I feel like someone was inserted in my life at a specific time for specific reasons, but this is definitely one of those situations. She has a great way of calling me on my bullsh*t, not to put me in my place or to power trip, but to make my life easier by showing me how I could have avoided certain things from the start.

We just had a brief meeting where she removed several of my self-appointed “responsibilities” that I don’t really need to do, but always did because that damn voice in my head that tells me I’m never doing enough.

Man, the Internet can be a rough place. What's that saying, "Can take years to build something,
and only an instant to tear it down?" It rings true, to me. Noot sure what it is but am feeling a bit
of collective angst, and thought a positive only/uplifting thread could be a cool antidote to the
tendencies of our times.

And yeah, I can get sucked in as easy as anyone. Sorry, Dave Friedman. Sorry, Cowboy Hats. :facepalm

:idk

How about we share something positive here, with the condition that someone cannot come in and
take a dump :poop: on it immediately. All the other threads here are for that. :LOL:

It could be something or someone we are grateful for. It could be an uplifting quote or story. It
could be as simple as something that we like and enjoy after the struggles of a work day.

So, what's your happy place? Who or what inspires you? When was the last time you did something
kind for someone randomly, or some fleeting angel helped you and then disappeared into the night?

I have saved 2 peoples lives in my life and I think about them both almost daily. Both incidents were situations where I believe I was meant to be there to do it. An elderly woman who had been buried by a passing snowplow in a blizzard and a young boy who was about to be attacked by pitbulls. It makes me smile and fills me with joy thinking about it. It's my goto when I am feeling depressed about something. I'm very proud of it and not ashamed to brag about it.

I am not a fan of the "Don't tell anyone your good deeds" mandate. Like if we do it is always
about our being selfish and a braggart.

I think it is inspiring and can motivate others when we share our stories. Someone does something selfless
for someone else they don't know and maybe that creates a ripple effect in the world. If everyone is silent
about it then no ripples, no effect. :idk

I hope you like Pacifico micheladas with a dill pickle spear and tajin rim.
I had to google what that is but...uh, that couch can fit one more, right?

I've been trying to learn to make cocktails recently. It's a lot of fun!

There's a little boy, one year old, at work and one of his few words include "Goo-Kaa" (guitar). It's all I hear as he points into the room where we keep the guitar.

I love this kid. He's standing right next to me right now and he's repeating it over and over. I better go get that guitar.

For all the shilling and illing that goes on, I just have to say that Youtube is amazing.

My teenage self cannot possibly fathom all of the amazing, historic content I have
instant access to. It's a goldmine at our fingertips. I never want to take this for granted. :love

Back