The Modeler Wars

I think you can still watch via browser if you click on it. I migrated everything to IG after The Purge at the other place, so they don’t get erased from history. :ROFLMAO:
Always used to be that way, but no more. I nearly logged into Instagram (for the first time) using my Facebook credentials, but my extensive team of crack lawyers are out of town. :(

I guess if I need a laugh I'll just have to watch kittens being fed to alligators on YouTube. (Too soon?)

Always used to be that way, but no more. I nearly logged into Instagram (for the first time) using my Facebook credentials, but my extensive team of crack lawyers are out of town. :(

I guess if I need a laugh I'll just have to watch kittens being fed to alligators on YouTube. (Too soon?)
Always Sunny Look GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Poor Whizzinby just became the Modeler Wars sysadmin. :D

(Just post them on YouTube for us old-timers!)

:unsure:

My crack shot team of developers optimize these marvels of stop motion animatronics for cell phone aspect ratios. I don’t know what havoc YT would wreak on them.

I can see it now:

The Modeler Wars: Widescreen Ultra HD Edition. See animated poop, as you’ve never seen before.

"It's funny because it's true!"

Where I work, it's also what a "Senior Programmer Analyst" does half the time. :facepalm

:farley
" F U N N Y "

My first day of being a Systems Administrator was walking around the building communicating with department Managers and Supervisors to meet them face to face and assure them they can come to me with anything IT related they needed...

Then the dirge of requests began and I went spiraling down a deep black hole of which I was never to return from.

My first day of being a Systems Administrator was walking around the building communicating with department Managers and Supervisors to meet them face to face and assure them they can come to me with anything IT related they needed...

Then the dirge of requests began and I went spiraling down a deep black hole of which I was never to return from.
OMG this. The stories I could tell. Basically, non-technical people just group all of us together indiscriminately as "Computer Guy". (Unfortunately, this includes a lot of managers.) If there's a power cable connected to it, or it runs on/ near or is in any way associated to something with a power cable connected to it, that's MB's wheelhouse, surely. I'm essentially a data analyst, but I have, over the years:

- Taught people how to use - in the most basic ways - the computers they've been sitting in front of, professionally, for 8 hours a day, for decades.
-
Plugged in cables they themselves have unplugged, and then grown overly frightened of.
- Moved and cleaned furniture, because there had been things with power cables connected to them on top of said furniture.
- Helped people decide which printers to buy for their own personal use. At home. With their personal Amazon accounts.
- Told people whose (old) personal home appliances had broken down that they should really call Best Buy.
-Cleaned dog fur out of overheating computers people had brought in from home.

And the pièce de résistance: I once got a call from someone whose keyboard had stopped working. I talked her through all the usual troubleshooting steps with no luck, and then marched upstairs with a brand new keyboard to replace what could only have been defective hardware. When I got to the desk it was so covered with paper etc. that I literally couldn't think, so I started to clear things out of the way. And there was a stapler sitting on one of the keys. :facepalm

So, yeah. This has been my "career"... Good thing I got that engineering degree.

Last edited:
OMG this. The stories I could tell. Basically, non-technical people just group all of us together non-discriminately as "Computer Guy". (Unfortunately, this includes a lot of managers.) If there's a power cable connected to it, or it runs on/ near or is in any way associated to something with a power cable connected to it, that's MB's wheelhouse, surely. I'm essentially a data analyst, but I have, over the years:

- Taught people how to use - in the most basic ways - the computers they've been sitting in front of, professionally, for 8 hours a day, for decades.
-
Plugged in cables they themselves have unplugged, and then grown overly frightened of.
- Moved and cleaned furniture, because there had been things with power cables connected on top of said furniture.
- Helped people decide which printers to buy for their own personal use. At home. With their personal Amazon accounts.
- Told people whose personal home appliances that they should really call Best Buy, after said appliances had broken down.
-Cleaned dog fur out of overheating computers people had brought in from home.

And the pièce de résistance: I once got a call from someone whose keyboard had stopped working. I talked her through all the usual troubleshooting steps with no luck, and then marched upstairs with a brand new keyboard to replace what could only have been defective hardware. When I got to the desk it was so covered with paper etc. that I literally couldn't think, so I started to clear things out of the way. And there was a stapler sitting on one of the keys. :facepalm

So, yeah. This has been my "career"... Good thing I got that engineering degree.
janet varney mirror GIF by IFC

Back