Someone was selling a SV20 or one of those studio combos close by here, in Canada for $1k recently.

That was a good deal; believe they go for at least CAD 2200 here, if not more.

My house would probably be a Marshall showroom if I could get them at the prices they go for overseas. :ROFLMAO:

I still regret not nabbing the JVM on that $2200 blowout sale, that almost felt free considering Marshall’s standard pricing. lol
There's someone selling a used JVM410 for ~$750 over here.

I think this is kind of the difference in the "respect" a brand has. Mesa is much more expensive here so they tend to be more respected whereas Marshall is a commodity brand for anything but vintage stuff - I know I'm not missing out on a deal of a lifetime as another JVM410 will pop up at some point if I want one.

To me the Marshall Studio range is pretty stupid. Sure, they're cheap (in Europe) but they are just as impractical as a 50W model so why not just get the bigger sounding real deal? I think those would be much better if Marshall had slapped much better power scaling on them, maybe a defeatable PPIMV on the JTM and SV.

At this point I expect any good amp designers are no longer with Marshall. They've already pumped out everything but a 20W JCM900 so I don't really see where they will go with future products without making something brand new.

Back