The Marketplace

texhex

Roadie
20150428-cloud-computing.0.1489222360.0.jpg

This poor guy…

20150428-cloud-computing.0.1489222360.0.jpg

This poor guy…

I'm sure a good chunk of people are waiting a marketplace not only for $$$ but just a smoother way to share captures. The idea of a controlled marketplace is ridiculous and obviously a money scam even if they try to push it as "we are trying to protect you from bad captures".

It's even worse then they don't seem to have the infrastructure to support said marketplace and have delayed 3rd party captures from being effectively used for 2 years now?

That said this preset sounds really good and the QC could do with more content like this

I'm sure a good chunk of people are waiting a marketplace not only for $$$ but just a smoother way to share captures.

Do end users even care about a Marketplace? The only reason capture creators are eager for one is that there's no way to upload content to the QC, other than going through NDSP's cloud infrastructure.

Last edited:
Do end users even care about a Marketplace? The only reason capture creators are eager for one is that there's no way to upload content to the QC, other than going through NDSP's cloud infrastructure.
Not sure how the file sharing works at the moment but if someone shared 100 captures with you, you had to download each one and it sucked

Not sure how the file sharing works at the moment but if someone shared 100 captures with you, you had to download each one and it sucked

Yeah, that's my point: you have to go through NDSPs (crappy) file sharing mechansim for paid captures, because otherwise everything goes into the free-for-all bucket.

Now, Imagine if you could just mail someone capture/patch files - like every other platform allows. The reason the QC doesn't (and the reason the yet-to-materialize desktop editor will only do full local backups) is presumably Neural wants a cut of all capture sells.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's my point: you have to go through NDSPs (crappy) file sharing mechansim for paid captures, because otherwise everything goes into the free-for-all bucket.

Now, Imagine if you could just mail someone capture/patch files - like every other platform allows. The reason the QC doesn't (and the reason the yet-to-materialize desktop editor will only do full local backups) is presumably Neural wants a cut of all capture sells.
Oh 100 percent it's because of them wanting a cut

Its a dilemma he would like to give away free captures but then feels guilty he charged for Helix and Kemper 🤔
To be fair I don't have an issue with him charging. The QC takes awhile to capture and I have to imagine it's a pain.

To be fair I don't have an issue with him charging. The QC takes awhile to capture and I have to imagine it's a pain.
It absolutely is a lot of work so I don't have problems with paid content either.

If you look at say Apple or Google app stores, having some entity manage it does not prevent fraudulent and low quality apps from being spammed to the store. Having single app stores adds a good bit of convenience and makes updates easier.

With presets/captures/IRs there isn't really anything like that to worry about so the value would be that you have a single place to get all that stuff rather than various vendors with different purchase setups and so on. For people selling captures etc the benefit is largely discoverability, but if it means say a 30% cut to NDSP, is that worth it? It will depend on how people are looking to interact with the content - if they favor the marketplace then it makes sense to offer your captures there. NeuralDSP might have a clause that says "you can't sell your captures on other platforms like your website."

PS. Can someone sum up the video? The dude just kept saying the same thing over and over and over and I could not watch more than a minute because he just can't get to the point!

Can someone explain what is the deal with QC and selling captures? Can't you just make your captures and sell them on your web page? The same as everyone is doing for Kemper, or with preset for literally every other unit? Why are everyone waiting for official NDS marketplace?
I'm curious, but can't be bothered to explore the topic and watch this whole video :LOL:

Can't you just make your captures and sell them on your web page? The same as everyone is doing for Kemper, or with preset for literally every other unit? Why are everyone waiting for official NDS marketplace?
The only way to get 3rd party content onto the QC is via the Cortex Cloud, so whilst vendors *can* sell capture packs on their own website, unlike the Kemper where they can directly send you the files, or make them available on their website for download, with the QC they have to:

1. Sell the pack to a user
2. Identify said user on the Cortez Cloud.
3. Individually share each capture to that user.

This is obviously a terrible workflow if you a content creator.

Take this profile pack from Michael Britt - it contain 165 Kemper profiles.

Screenshot_20230205-110902.png

Imagine trying to "sell" a QC pack containing 165 captures to 3 or 4 different users, when you have to send each capture individually...

Is this process the same for free samples as well? What an absolute clusterf**k.

The omission of conventional sharing methods by NDSP and IK is not there for your convenience, the centralized online cloud is there to maintain control and make money, no conspiracy theories needed, it can't be more obvious.

A partial quote from one of our local Pros:
It's glaringly obvious... the reason why it's not working has nothing to do with ability, scope, or development time. It's purposeful omission for $$$$$.

You all know what I personally think about all this. :poop:

PS. Can someone sum up the video? The dude just kept saying the same thing over and over and over and I could not watch more than a minute because he just can't get to the point!

That’s why I never bother clicking on his videos, dude just rambles and never gets to the point.

We can naturally surmise…

“Can’t sell captures, HW sad”

“Cloud, no likely, HW sad”

That’s why I never bother clicking on his videos, dude just rambles and never gets to the point.

We can naturally surmise…

“Can’t sell captures, HW sad”

“Cloud, no likely, HW sad”
There you go

Back