the JP2C combo

RaceU4her

Roadie
aw isnt it cute??

1.M2C.AB.CO_2000x2000-front.png

Don’t put a frothy C90 in there man.
And for 43 hundred bones,
-It better come with the new Celestion Anniversary
Alnico which would be ACE with this amp & all of the amp’s equalization adjuster’s.🎯
Word has it from a dude I know, that new Alnico’s killer.
The ACE mix is the G12 AA X G12 Alnico Blue💯
The lead tone of the Gods.
I’m talking the God’s that just point.
They’ve got gorgeous woman faithfully pinching & rubbing their shoulders & affectionately washing their bungholes
etc, yeah man..life under remote control type livin’🤘🏻
-the lead sound of that!
LTFHOL.

Coming from a very happy owner of several Mesa amps - I’ve yet to hear a Mesa combo that doesn’t sound better as a head into a at least 3/4 sealed cab.

In particular the Mark series combos are ungodly boxy in those narrow little combos.

I don’t want to yuck someone else’s yum though, maybe it just doesn’t work for what I play.

I saw it earlier. My first and lasting thought is, "Who asked for this? Anyone?" :idk

Signed,
Mesa Lover

According to this discussion with John and his guitar tech Maddi, the idea initially came from Rena Petrucci. Later, John wanted an amp for back stage warmup. They converted a JP2C head into a combo and using a shell that Mesa provided to them and then decided that this would be something worth selling.

I leaked this back in Feb:
Might be some leaks though...

JP2C 1x12 combo??
https://www.omega.be/en/product=mesa-boogie-jp2c-1x12-combo&id=mesa4att0l

Rectifier 25+?? (used to be called Mini Rectifier, also why the plus?):

Rectoverb 25+ (same story here, why the plus?):

Crazy expensive though.
Although, Marshall released their limited "100 anniversary celestion" JTM Studio...
Seems to be the common thing now. Limited edition stuff to cause more FOMO. Buy it now now now!

Seems like Gibson is really just trying to "play it safe" by doing various format rehashes of already designed models

According to this discussion with John and his guitar tech Maddi, the idea initially came from Rena Petrucci. Later, John wanted an amp for back stage warmup. They converted a JP2C head into a combo and using a shell that Mesa provided to them and then decided that this would be something worth selling.

OMG! That just makes it worse. A total whim with utter disregard for the general public. :rofl

I do wonder if this means there is a reworked JP2C in the pipeline. I am guessing there is. :idk

Wwaaaaaaaiiittttttt aaa miinnnutteeeee. Backstage amp? lol
I thought that little 15-20 watter JP and Mesa did years back would be perfect for that? Am I wrong or missing something?

Most people convert 1x12 combos to heads. Add to that, there are plenty of JP2C's used for much less.

Why they neglected to update the cabclone is a mystery too. This just seems like a complete flop.

Man.. I want one!!!!
However.. , I’ll wait a few months after they’ve been in the wild.
No I’m not happy about the speaker.

What’s distressful… is when you read Mesa’s descriptions of this amplifiers functions,
-it’s like they answer what we’ve been frustrated about dialing in the amps and PITA functions.
So you f’n know this?
Like they’ve been holding out…:playin’ with u$.
I still want one!

Back