The DID YOU KNOW? thread

I am just far enough North of you that I still have had a decent number of days where I have been able to open the windows and air the place out. I have even had some that were downright cold to me.

I go up to a number of motorcycle events throughout the year. I spend a decent amount of time in the Ocala area. It is amazing how much colder it is up there compared to where I live. It is a 3.5 hour drive from my house to get there and the weather feels quite a bit different.

I moved from here to Palm Bay years back, it was like moving to another state. I can’t believe how cold it got up there while still being in Florida and only 250 miles north of Ft. Lauderdale.

Posted this in another thread. But it’s more appropriate here…

Did you know that the title of Yes’s album, “90125” was pulled from the album’s barcode?

IMG_3152.jpeg

Sort of. It doesn't expire, it just gets kind of weird and hard, and then when you try a half dozen things you found on the internet that are supposed to help (like to running the container under hot water for an incredibly long time) and those don't work, you throw it directly into the trash and say, "What the fuck do I really need honey for, anyway?" That's the actual expiration date.
There is a lot of fake honey out there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cliff Claven is so pissed right now with this chronic disinformation and incorrect
assumptions about Chickens and their anatomy. :hmm

Man, you can't even trust random Internet Forums for valid information anymore. :knit

:rofl

Hens don't have "Butts" or "Anuses." They do have a Cloaca.... commonly referred to as a "Chute" or "Vent."

main-qimg-9c55b015d20e41d307cce152415cb6f2-lq

Thank you for that clarification, Cliff.

Reactions: PLX
but was changed due to the way us westerners would have pronounced it

Kinda on that note, did you know that the speaker company ADS officially changed their long time logo to a/d/s/ in 1990.

Anyone wanna guess why?
Cost a ton to do - new logo on building, new letterhead, envelopes, brochures, business cards, catalogues, and the marketing campaign to announce it.

ebd5a75d2e1f4b5e803efabee7c7b2f3.jpg

xmnlw93xbqkxhzpdqigq.jpg

I have had my own laying hens for about 12 years now! Love them and their production (currently getting ~6/day from our 7 hens)!! Another thing about fresh eggs is, hard boiled eggs are more difficult to peel when they are very fresh. Best to let them chill for 20-30 days before doing the hard boiled thing (unless you have mastered one of those peeling methods that would not be affected by the thicker more fragmented shells). The best method I have found for getting hard boiled eggs to peel more easily is, boil them till pretty much done, then put them in a ice/water bath for 30 seconds, then put them back into the boiling water for a minute or two then let cool at room temp. YMMV!

I have had my own laying hens for about 12 years now! Love them and their production (currently getting ~6/day from our 7 hens)!! Another thing about fresh eggs is, hard boiled eggs are more difficult to peel when they are very fresh. Best to let them chill for 20-30 days before doing the hard boiled thing (unless you have mastered one of those peeling methods that would not be affected by the thicker more fragmented shells). The best method I have found for getting hard boiled eggs to peel more easily is, boil them till pretty much done, then put them in a ice/water bath for 30 seconds, then put them back into the boiling water for a minute or two then let cool at room temp. YMMV!

And something about baking soda in the water IIRC.

Best to let them chill for 20-30 days before doing the hard boiled thing (unless you have mastered one of those peeling methods that would not be affected by the thicker more fragmented shells).
And something about baking soda in the water IIRC.
I’ve tried all the different methods and the longer they sit, the easier they are to peel. I just get into the practice of keeping a steady stream of eggs coming in. I’ll use the fresh ones for omelets, baking, etc. and whatever’s left over after buying a new batch gets hard-boiled.

Back