Thank you...

the swede

Shredder
Just wanted to say it, because it means something, to me.
I guess what it all comes down to is, behind all the text and nonsense about gear, I was approached by two TGP members separately in the same day telling me:

"hey, its me, just want to tell you something shitty happened (again) and this is me speaking" (James)

"Dude, get yo Swedish ass over here" (Jive)

Both kinda took me by surprise, but yeah... it means something... Behind these screens kind of thing.

So thanks guys :)

It’s interesting to me that ‘people on the internet’ are still largely dismissed. I understand why, as a whole, but man, in the 28 years I’ve been on the internet, I’ve met some great people on and off this thing, some that are going to be life-long friends.

We had no clue what to expect with this, it started as a half-joke, really. I think we were a bit more glass-is-half-empty with our expectations before we started inviting people, so when we saw we hit 60 members in under 48 hours, that was pretty cool! We were adamant about only inviting people we knew were good people so we could have a good foundation/feel in place before anything else, any forum is only as good as it’s members. So thank you all for coming along!

I think with the way we’ve planned things, this place will be a lot of fun to be around, even when things get heated. :satan

I too want to thank the good people for creating The Gear Forum.
I can once again share (opinion, IRs, information, science, jokes, and ideas) without feeling like I'm walking on glass or being hunted.
They can have the old place all to themselves, I wish them the best of luck.

shutterstock_631187453-scaled.jpg

They can have the old place all to themselves, I wish them the best of luck.
Not me. :)

They can go fuck themselves. It's a pure cash-grab at this point and anyone who thinks otherwise is likely shitting themselves.

I have no issue with people monetizing their ideas/life. It's how the world works. I just get in a bit of a kerfuffle when things are
posed as one thing ("community") and it is anything but that. TGP has no fucks to give about its members. It gives a LOT of fucks
about its advertising and marketing $$$ generated by selling access to its members and their likes/dislikes/content. That's where
the line is drawn---for me. :)

The irony is that even a banned member's content can have monetary value for TGP's owners unto perpetuity. They don't
want to delete that even if you get deleted/blocked/denies access.
I wonder if leaving one of Mac’s (James) threads and his posts in that thread, but delete his other posts in other threads, has something to do with that?

Not me. :)

They can go f**k themselves. It's a pure cash-grab at this point and anyone who thinks otherwise is likely shitting themselves.

I have no issue with people monetizing their ideas/life. It's how the world works. I just get in a bit of a kerfuffle when things are
posed as one thing ("community") and it is anything but that. TGP has no f***s to give about its members. It gives a LOT of f***s
about its advertising and marketing $$$ generated by selling access to its members and their likes/dislikes/content. That's where
the line is drawn---for me. :)
100% every word.

Just wanted to say it, because it means something, to me.
I guess what it all comes down to is, behind all the text and nonsense about gear, I was approached by two TGP members separately in the same day telling me:

"hey, its me, just want to tell you something shitty happened (again) and this is me speaking" (James)

"Dude, get yo Swedish ass over here" (Jive)

Both kinda took me by surprise, but yeah... it means something... Behind these screens kind of thing.

So thanks guys :)
Well said Mr. Swede! I want to echo this because I had the exact same thing happen, from both of the same people. Even though I admit I get a bit cantankerous at times, I would've stopped reading TGP ages ago if it was only about the gear. I have better things to do than that. It's the community, the people, the humor. It's a welcome diversion and laugh when I need a break from work or am waiting in a line somewhere. You all are great and I'm thankful to be part of it!

Well said Mr. Swede! I want to echo this because I had the exact same thing happen, from both of the same people. Even though I admit I get a bit cantankerous at times, I would've stopped reading TGP ages ago if it was only about the gear. I have better things to do than that. It's the community, the people, the humor. It's a welcome diversion and laugh when I need a break from work or am waiting in a line somewhere. You all are great and I'm thankful to be part of it!
Exactly this!

As soon as I type in the letter t in chrome on my phone, the D&M forum of TGP is suggested. It figures, as it was my #1 place for Helix update news. Now I get it from an undisclosed source I can't speak of so I guess I really have no need for the place other than my sick need for wanting to help people. I think everyone here mostly has their shit together so I can focus on the more important things like masterful gifs

Back