TGF Do Something Challenge Week 5

I went two days through selection, getting worse as it went on. Ended up puking a number of times beyond normal symptoms as well as nodding off after I got selected when I was in the box. NOT a good situation. I am more than happy to do my civic duty but I had to bow out :oops:

Damn, I didn’t know you were that bad off, man!

Hopefully it’s over soon!

Reactions: JT
I went two days through selection, getting worse as it went on. Ended up puking a number of times beyond normal symptoms as well as nodding off after I got selected when I was in the box. NOT a good situation. I am more than happy to do my civic duty but I had to bow out :oops:

That's just nuts.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
spending my evening tweaking backing tracks to give vocal ques to those who get the click. "last one around" and whatnot. Joy. I could post this as work behind my desk but this is quite uninspiring, I assure yall.

At least there's coffee.

Oh sh*t, I sat in the studio all weekend and didn’t even think to make a new thread for Week 6. I’ll do it up tonight when I get home!!

For sh*ts and giggles I put my Orville in drop C to see if the nasty treble I was hearing was a result of the EMGs or my ears, it was mostly because I had the f*cking Presence cranked on the presets I was working with and for some reason I wanted to force the same tones into this song, but that’s just not the way it works! Rolled the Presence back and I was good to go, I was just too damn tired by the time I figured it out. If you guys knew how many times I’ve started re-tracking this song you’d think I were insane. I’m starting to think I’m insane.

I did rough tracks at 60 bpm, then at 70 bpm, then flipped back to 60, then ended up at 65 as a happy middle. I got a lot of work done, most of the main drum parts and most of the main guitar parts. The song is a little too poppy/cliche for my tastes at parts but I'm trying to push through it.

Not sure how much more productive I'm going to be though as I decided this weekend I'm ripping out all the carpet in my basement and putting in vinyl flooring. I have two cats that decided to turn the entire basement into a litterbox regardless of how many time I clean the carpets and change the litter and everything. Carpet is trashed and I want my kids to be able to actually use (and not just avoid) the basement, so that's going to eat up some time over the next several weeks.

Oh sh*t, I sat in the studio all weekend and didn’t even think to make a new thread for Week 6. I’ll do it up tonight when I get home!!

For sh*ts and giggles I put my Orville in drop C to see if the nasty treble I was hearing was a result of the EMGs or my ears, it was mostly because I had the f*cking Presence cranked on the presets I was working with and for some reason I wanted to force the same tones into this song, but that’s just not the way it works! Rolled the Presence back and I was good to go, I was just too damn tired by the time I figured it out. If you guys knew how many times I’ve started re-tracking this song you’d think I were insane. I’m starting to think I’m insane.

Presence should have a Pot that goes to 3 or 4 and then just stops. :LOL:

Ok, I'll play... Just came top with this little exercise to hone in your economy picking and string jumping technique, specifically on the lower 4 strings. This has already evolved into the beginnings of a song.

economy_jump_1.jpg

My @FAKA! style entry for whateverthefuck weekthisis. Did this all tonight and got progressively drunker as time went on.

Addictive Drums 2

Ibanez AZ2402 Prestige - HX Stomp running the Horizon Drive and Scream 808 into the preamp of my PRS MT15 on the Lead channel. Send out going into Reaper running Ignite TPA-1 set to 6L6, and Redwirez' MixIR2 with my Dua Verde Prime cab loaded. Rhythms double tracked and hard panned. Waves H Delay and FabFilter R on the Lead/melody track.

Ibanez Talman Bass - HX Native - SVT4Pro/Fatality.

Last edited:
Back