TGF Do Something Challenge Season 7 Week 4

Some groovy tracks on here! I am bowing out, I can't keep up haha

I mean I could post a lot of two minute "drum noodles" that go nowhere, probably dozens a week, but I don't see a point in it just to win.

For me, Lefty Lounge Lizard is the winner, I really enjoyed his tracks.
No need to drop out ;~)) Just contribute when you have something you want to share! This whole thing exists to encourage people to make something, regardless of what it is, nothing more!! I covered 37 songs in my sets yesterday (less than half that in today's set as I spent quite a bit of time refining one of my originals), but I am not going to post them all because I don't feel they are all something I want to display without more refinement!!!

I mean I could post a lot of two minute "drum noodles" that go nowhere, probably dozens a week, but I don't see a point in it just to win.

Just post stuff you feel is worth posting. I understand though.

I feel my postings are like a time machine compared to all the great recordings from all of you guys.

I kind of look at it as an audio journal of encouragement. Like, " hey , look at a thing I am working on, or did, kind of neat, eh?"

I beat myself up for my poor audio capture quality.....but I'm "doing something" with music, which I wasn't before ....that's all that matters.....don't get in your head about it. Just aim at one for each category, each week ....this is my goal.

Doing great dude, plus you gotta give all those sweet ass amps a workout bruv!!!!

Last edited:

As others have said, keep posting when you have time. It's not really a competition between each other, it's more with our own self. At least that's how I see it.

I suck.

that is all.
Classic Tv Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

No need to drop out ;~)) Just contribute when you have something you want to share! This whole thing exists to encourage people to make something, regardless of what it is, nothing more!! I covered 37 songs in my sets yesterday (less than half that in today's set as I spent quite a bit of time refining one of my originals), but I am not going to post them all because I don't feel they are all something I want to display without more refinement!!!

Thanks, but I just have no more material! Plus, I am keeping busy with music, just not songwriting and jamming at the moment. This is a video I shot today, for example. It fits in none of the categories and I don’t want it to! Just some random riffage for a YouTube series I’m working on about the “in the room” sound of amps, since a lot of people ask that question.

Today's "Fremen Floyd" preset was for the song "Mother"! Well, apparently they did drop the bomb and so the "M" was lost in the war. It is now "Other"! #hot-noodle

Other
Moondog Wily
October 16, 2024

EDIT: Updated with video (but forgot to set workspace to audio length so it is actually not 9 minutes but 6 something - last 3 minutes are dead air and black screen - not re uploading though).

Attachments

• Other_2024Oct16_1200x1200.jpg
    Other_2024Oct16_1200x1200.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
This one is @la szum 's fault for his post regarding the Harvest Moon! When I read that, I thought to myself, why have I never played "Harvest Moon" by Neil Young? I looked it up, and here it is. First rendition ever attempted on this song. Needs a lot of work, but I am definitely adding this to my repertoire ;~)) #cover-song

Harvest Moon
A Neil Young song
Performed by Moondog Wily
October 16, 2024

EDIT: Took the picture and link out and replaced with this video. This will be gone after this weeks challenge is over as it is not a good version, but was never the less, one of my entries for this week.

Attachments

• HarvestMoon_2024Oct16_1200x1200.jpg
    HarvestMoon_2024Oct16_1200x1200.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back