t.c.electronic modeling pedals

I walked away from TC Electronic when they were bought by Behringer. I refuse to support a company that rips off their competitors designs, then undercuts everyone’s prices with cheap Chinese knockoffs. Same with Joyo, which has been raping Tech21 for years.
Ditto

Headphone jack. Separate cab sim and non-simmed outputs (but not XLR which is for some reason important). No effects loop and no MIDI. Almost solving the woes, but . . . Not quite. At $200 and this feature set, I'd probably spend a little more on the UA stuff (or a little less on a used amplifirebox).
They want 2 bills for this shit? Lmao

kind of a shame what’s happened with TC as they were really on the cutting edge with their system 6000 tech.

guessing they still have a ton of resources and R&D but it also feels like behringer has their hands tied a bit. TC have the means to do this stuff REALLY well if they want but who knows

I was going to rage seeing the same ole fender clean and JTM45 shit that everyone releases, like we all are geriatrics waiting for the plug to be pulled. Mixing in a 5150 and a Rec… (y)

Not interested, but there is that, which is nice.

I was going to rage seeing the same ole fender clean and JTM45 s**t that everyone releases, like we all are geriatrics waiting for the plug to be pulled. Mixing in a 5150 and a Rec… (y)

Not interested, but there is that, which is nice.
IRL; I don't think I have seen more than one Vox amp out in the wild. Whether it be regional or national acts. Ever. Yet every "lets make a single amp modeling pedal" line has to have a Vox out of the gate. Dumb.

Wondering whether they're toneprint compatible (would assume: no) and whether there's some more parameters accessible through whatever editor (would assume: not many).

IRL; I don't think I have seen more than one Vox amp out in the wild. Whether it be regional or national acts. Ever. Yet every "lets make a single amp modeling pedal" line has to have a Vox out of the gate. Dumb.

Well, there's quite some amps using a rather similar topology, though, think Matchless and the likes.
Also, I know quite some Vox players over here - maybe they're somewhat more of a european thing?

Well, there's quite some amps using a rather similar topology, though, think Matchless and the likes.
Also, I know quite some Vox players over here - maybe they're somewhat more of a european thing?
The weird thing is; I LOVE a gained up Vox sound. Not sure if I have any gauge on accuracy versus the real thing? I just find it odd that that brand always gets kind of table stakes treatment in this stuff? Maybe it's because emulating the heavier things I like is a little taller order RE: managing expectations when considering whatever the monitoring system is?

Fwiw, personally, I like a plain vox sound, but I never like how it acts with real dirt pedals (beyond boosters, that is). I also don't like Mr. Mays sound, either (great guy, great player, Queen is a killer band, etc.).

I think the prevailing philosophy is that there are 3 distinct topologies that most amps are based on, and Vox is one of them. I’ve seen plenty of Voxes in the wild, though I also don’t listen to a lot of heavy music.

That would depend a lot on what type of bands you go see. Might be also a difference between US and Europe where Fender would be cheaper in the US than Vox and vice versa. Here you mostly see the lighter 1x12 Vox amps out there because nobody wants to move a Vox AC30 2x12 combo around.

That said, to me Fender Blackface, Marshall Superlead and Vox AC30 are the trifecta of the most important amp tones. It's no surprise that they are the most emulated because just those three can cover a lot of ground when paired with some choice overdrives. I get we have a lot of high gain players who might not agree with that, but that doesn't change that you can trace back the lineage of many amps to those three.

Back