Synergy -> Fractal For Recording

i kind of figured the power amp might have been why i the rig i heard sounded a little bland, maybe they made it flat on purpose to be neutral with all the different modules
I’m sure that’s the case but for me, it’s totally to the detriment of the product.

The Synergy poweramp is included in this poweramp shootout video. IMO it doesn't stand up to the better sounding poweramps in the video at all. Just like @JerEvil said, it's kind of flat and lifeless compared to the other amps.

I've heard several Synergy preamp modules I'd love to have, but personally I'm not interested in their poweramp.

The Synergy poweramp is included in this poweramp shootout video. IMO it doesn't stand up to the better sounding poweramps in the video at all. Just like @JerEvil said, it's kind of flat and lifeless compared to the other amps.

I've heard several Synergy preamp modules I'd love to have, but personally I'm not interested in their poweramp.

Fryette LXII super compelling at 1U. (And also interesting since Steve built the Syn50/50, both are 1U, but the LXII sounds moar better)

Last edited:
Fryette LXII super compelling at 1U. (And also interesting since Steve built the Syn50/50, both are 1U, but the LXII sounded moar better)

That's interesting, didn't know that. Steve obviously knows what he's doing, so I wonder if the Sny50/50 is the way it is because they thought "neutral and flat" would be the best approach for a system that should be able to do everything.

Last edited:
A different take regarding the 5050:

FWIW, I have the Synergy power amp, KSR PA50, the Syn30 head, PS2, as well as a switching system that allows me to power the Syn2 with any of my heads (for even more variety). i.e. by flipping a switch a can send the Syn2 to any power amp I own then to any cab I have.

Using the Syn5050 (bridged mode, 100W Mono, typically).... Keeps up with anything else pretty easily. Like anything else different modules like different power amps. I can't help but wonder if some folks complaining are trying to run it at 50W or have it misconfigured (not that it is super complicated).

I actually think the 5050 is well voiced for most of the modules... It wants the presence and depth wound up slightly more than my KSR f.ex. for most my modules but those controls have enough range to hit the sweet spot and when I swap between the KSR vs the 5050 back end the differences are pretty marginal for most things I am shooting for... and what with their convenient location on the front panel it is easy enough to torque it up or down as needed. It is virtually the same amp as the LXII in terms of how the amp behaves but the voicing differs (darker).

Would be totally comfortable with only that power amp and the Syn2 on a down size. That might actually be my personal fave of all my amp combos, TBH.

I know Jerry also has a similar setup (and even more gear), IIRC, and his take above is 180 degrees different. ;) Just goes to show you. There's so many variables, cabs, etc. Anyway the great thing about the modular thing is you can build your rig anyway you want. If you want a different power amp; have at it.

Last edited:
A different take regarding the 5050:

FWIW, I have the Synergy power amp, KSR PA50, the Syn30 head, PS2, as well as a switching system that allows me to power the Syn2 with any of my heads (for even more variety). i.e. by flipping a switch a can send the Syn2 to any power amp I own then to any cab I have.

Using the Syn5050 (bridged mode, 100W Mono, typically).... Keeps up with anything else pretty easily. Like anything else different modules like different power amps. I can't help but wonder if some folks complaining are trying to run it at 50W or have it misconfigured (not that it is super complicated).

I actually think the 5050 is well voiced for most of the modules... It wants the presence and depth wound up slightly more than my KSR f.ex. for most my modules but those controls have enough range to hit the sweet spot and when I swap between the KSR vs the 5050 back end the differences are pretty marginal for most things I am shooting for... and what with their convenient location on the front panel it is easy enough to torque it up or down as needed. It is virtually the same amp as the LXII in terms of how the amp behaves but the voicing differs (darker).

Would be totally comfortable with only that power amp and the Syn2 on a down size. That might actually be my personal fave of all my amp combos, TBH.

I know Jerry also has a similar setup (and even more gear), IIRC, and his take above is 180 degrees different. ;) Just goes to show you. There's so many variables, cabs, etc. Anyway the great thing about the modular thing is you can build your rig anyway you want. If you want a different power amp; have at it.

Have you ever run the AxeFX with the LXII?

Does the KSR have enough “mojo” to overcome the form factor? lol

Have you ever run the AxeFX with the LXII?
My FM9 lives connected to my LXII. I've been back and forth on it (mostly because of Fryette and not so much because of the unit itself), but I do think it's truly my favorite amplification device for Fractal modelers.

Back