Strymon Echo Plugin Bundle (El Cap + Dig)

Nice, I will definitely demo it, maybe buy…already have and love el cap v2, always wanted to try the dig

How did I miss this?
I Got You Thumbs Up GIF by Patriot Act

That's a nice bundle at a fair price. Watching @2112 's video of it as I type this.

I got an El Cap V2 recently and the plugin would probably help me figure out how to get the most out of it since all the controls are visible at once and you don't have to remember what each of the types and modes do.

Leon prefers Fabfilter Timeless. I see it as a similar thing to Fractal delays and reverbs - pretty hard to approach and even then it might be just too many things to work with at once. I am now interested in the Echoboy plugin though and might look into it on sale. It's more in that "not too many features" department that is a good sweetspot between configurability and ease of use.

I feel similarly about my Volante and El Cap V2 pedals compared to my SA Nemesis or Collider. It's just much easier to work with the Strymons, even if the SA Nemesis especially could potentially do the same tones, you need to use the app for that.

Last edited:
I think you would really enjoy the Soundtoys plugins @laxu . Echoboy, Little Plate, Decapitator and Microshift are all classics.

Timeless is more a delay sound design tool for me, where I can get silly creating effects and then save them for instant recall when needed. Echoboy is more "pull it up, pick a preset and go".

I just got Valhalla Delay a few days ago, but will most likely pick this up. I've learned that I'm not a big pedal delay person and these plugins would fit into my workflow.

I use ValhallaDelay a lot - I love how many tones you can get from the thing, but it is really really piss easy to use.

The DIG pedal is one of my favourite delay pedals and I love Strymon but I don't know if I really 'need' this bundle.

I've used Echoboy a lot in the past too. Great plugin, and the different character/saturation/model options you get with it can instantly get you a great sound.

I seem to have a thing for delays
Just got that echo bundle.

My usual go to stuff as plugs is the new PSP 42, the Nembrini SDD3000, Soundtoys, and Valhalla.

Back