Strymon Cloudburst, it was real after all

Straight from Strymon's website:

Cloudburst’s Ensemble effect works by continuously analyzing 48 different frequency bands as you play, generating upper harmonic partials of what it finds in each frequency band.

Rather than generating a static synthetic signal based solely on pitch detection, Ensemble is a dynamic and organic effect that generates harmonics based on your playing, varying its sonic character depending on where you pick, which pickup you use, and the volume envelope of what you play.

They talk about it in their in-depth videos too. It's something unique they developed so you can at best get something "in the ballpark" with other methods from other units.

That's not what ensemble is. What "best of the modern takes on shimmer when different intervals are used than just one and two octaves up" sounds like ensemble?

I get the sentiment, but it's not the same thing.

Ensemble sounds like a slightly different take on the sounds I can get from the Ventris shimmer engine, the helix shimmer, and if I go dig it out probably my axe-fx too. No matter how they came up with it, it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a sound I’m really bored with.

D

Back