Strat set up no no !

Boy, what a racket they've got going on there. :rolleyes:

"Master Built" :farley
It’s come half way around the world via UPS so it’s lucky to be in one piece. It’s only inexplicable thing is the saddles and it’s possible the shop “set it up”
It is fundamentally a great Strat and is now.

I see Fender have finally fixed their decal type face to be accurate. Still not perfect though.
IMG_3746.jpeg

IMG_1739.jpeg

This one is still better.
IMG_1535.jpeg

And a real 59 for reference.
Anyone see the error in the custom shop version?

And a real 59 for reference.
Anyone see the error in the custom shop version?
Is it the color? The font is pretty darn close, maybe the 'synchronized tremolo' is ever so slightly skewed but that could be from pic angle.

Here's an overlay comparison:
Screen Shot 2024-08-07 at 6.50.03 AM.png

Is it the color? The font is pretty darn close, maybe the 'synchronized tremolo' is ever so slightly skewed but that could be from pic angle.

Here's an overlay comparison:
View attachment 26123
The top of the second E is the type difference and the construction method is apparent because it gives a less 3d look to the black outline. The first ones are terrible but this is very close.

The top of the second E is the type difference and the construction method is apparent because it gives a less 3d look to the black outline. The first ones are terrible but this is very close.
Now that I'm looking at it harder, also the black outline is more random in the original, thicker and thinner in spots. Whereas the newer ones are more consistent black border - which makes sense in some ways, because whomever recreated the art may have just off-set it so it's an even frame not taking into consideration the randomness of the old ones. I used to be a technical artist for a major clothing company, did it for a number of years so the graphic stuff interests me.

Now that I'm looking at it harder, also the black outline is more random in the original, thicker and thinner in spots. Whereas the newer ones are more consistent black border - which makes sense in some ways, because whomever recreated the art may have just off-set it so it's an even frame not taking into consideration the randomness of the old ones. I used to be a technical artist for a major clothing company, did it for a number of years so the graphic stuff interests me.
Yes you’re right. Also because the original is a four layer screen print it has a particular look that is missing from the new version. The repro that I posted in the middle is the exact same process and materials as an original and is for restoration of originals only ( by me anyway)
IMG_1738.jpeg

I only have a few of these left now. They were made over 20 years ago and are the best ones I have ever seen.

Yes you’re right. Also because the original is a four layer screen print it has a particular look that is missing from the new version. The repro that I posted in the middle is the exact same process and materials as an original and is for restoration of originals only ( by me anyway)
View attachment 26129
I only have a few of these left now. They were made over 20 years ago and are the best ones I have ever seen.
Those repros look great.(y)

Back