Stone's FM9 Review

I run mine through one Powercab. People bag on the Powercab but mine sounds great with the FM9.
Yes they do sound really good, dont know why folks bag on them once properly set up (they need a hot input) and properly placed they sound fantastic, I dont use the built in speaker modelling though just as a powered cab and In Stereo they are glorious
Mind you i might have preferred 2 10 instead of 12's but im very happy with me Powercabs

Last edited:
Meaning Folks here on the Forum are more awesome than any Modeler or gear :beer

Flight Of The Conchords Crying GIF

Yes they do sound really good, dont know why folks bag on them once properly set up (they need a hot input) and properly placed they sound fantastic, I dont use the built in speaker modelling though just as a powered cab and In Stereo the are glorious
Mind you i might have preferred 2 10 instead of 12's but im very happy with me Powercabs
Yeah, I use LF Flat on mine. I did try out the speaker modeling recently on some Tonex direct captures and was surprised by the good sound I was getting out of them. I hadn't tried the speaker modeling for years.

Congrats Stone!

I was surprised at how much I like the FM9 having had an Ultra, II, FX8, III, and FM3 before getting it. For some reason the FM9 provided a level of enjoyment that surpassed all of the others.

What sucks is being primarily neck deep in male pattern baldness land yet still needing to get a GD haircut :hmm:cuss

That's exactly where I am right now. My girlfriend offered to cut my hair but she's a psycho and I'm not letting her near me with a pair of scissors.

il_fullxfull.2138842715_gmr8.jpg

Congrats Stone!

I was surprised at how much I like the FM9 having had an Ultra, II, FX8, III, and FM3 before getting it. For some reason the FM9 provided a level of enjoyment that surpassed all of the others.

That's exactly where I am right now. My girlfriend offered to cut my hair but she's a psycho and I'm not letting her near me with a pair of scissors.

il_fullxfull.2138842715_gmr8.jpg
LOL.
I’m trying desperately to hang on to mine because I’m pretty sure I would not look cool bald. I have a couple friends who shave it clean and they look great. I try to ask myself “do they look great because I’m just used to it? Or is there something about them that makes it look great?” And I’m convinced they can pull it off and I could not… LOL.

LOL.
I’m trying desperately to hang on to mine because I’m pretty sure I would not look cool bald. I have a couple friends who shave it clean and they look great. I try to ask myself “do they look great because I’m just used to it? Or is there something about them that makes it look great?” And I’m convinced they can pull it off and I could not… LOL.
I'm chubby pale face with a negative chin balance and odd shaped head. NO F WAY will I will be going full bald if I can help it :rofl

LOL.

I'm chubby pale face with a negative chin balance and odd shaped head. NO F WAY will I will be going full bald if I can help it :rofl

That's the thing, you have to have the right shaped head for it to look good.

When I was born I had a forceps delivery and as a result I have a pointy head, not a good look for a bald guy.

719vMsB3tGL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

Yes they do sound really good, dont know why folks bag on them once properly set up (they need a hot input) and properly placed they sound fantastic, I dont use the built in speaker modelling though just as a powered cab and In Stereo the are glorious

So I'm finding that playing a modeler through a real speaker makes such a massive difference, and I could see the Powercabs being great for that. When I was using headphones or studio monitors, I was always fighting the sound. But running through guitar speakers it all gets way more streamlined.

I'd love a pair of powered 10" speakers too, nothing fancy just a clean power amp and the speakers. Maybe that can be another project worth building.

Back