Stone's FM9 Review

Well one thing for sure with my FM9 and my 4 guitars (each specific type of Pickup, p-90, PAF Humbuckers, Rails +Singles, and EMG Actives)
along with my 2 Powercabs there is no more toanz searching, Im there now, if it cant be done with a Fractal or the guitars i have then its all on me, now the most important and only thing to improve tones is all on me, my technique.

Well one thing for sure with my FM9 and my 4 guitars (each specific type of Pickup, p-90, PAF Humbuckers, Rails +Singles, and EMG Actives)
along with my 2 Powercabs there is no more toanz searching, Im there now, if it cant be done with a Fractal or the guitars i have then its all on me, now the most important and only thing to improve tones is all on me, my technique.
Have you tried the Kemper?

Yeah that's how it see it too.

Honestly though I've been having that same thought playing through the Katana Artist I just picked up...the speaker tends to normalize so many of the details under the hood, like all the little things you micro analyze through full range speakers or headphones, you just can't really hear.

And maybe that's a good thing?

Yeah that's how it see it too.

Honestly though I've been having that same thought playing through the Katana Artist I just picked up...the speaker tends to normalize so many of the details under the hood, like all the little things you micro analyze through full range speakers or headphones, you just can't really hear.

And maybe that's a good thing?
Well without coining the "FRFR" Term, it is to me the best approach for modellers to recreate the most accurate tone of an amplifier, you want a full range and as flat as possible, hence why its my preferred way I also like the fact that my PowerCabs are of coaxial type as this does improve the phase and time alignment from the speaker, especially if the PC is well placed and optimized
Mind you that is of course my personal preference and its neither right nor wrong, just what i prefer
for others it may be different and then its right for them always about what you prefer the best to your hearing
:beer

Last edited:
Have you tried the Kemper?
molly ringwald stop GIF

So I'm finding that playing a modeler through a real speaker makes such a massive difference...

For a while I was playing my Axe FX through a Fryette Fatbottom 2x12 powered by a Randall RT2/50 and it sounded great.

But I also really like how it sounds through a pair of pole mounted Atomic CLRs. They do sound different than the amp and cab, more like what you hear from FOH but done very well.

I like both and would alternate based on my mood at the time. As the cilché goes, the Randall/Fryette rig sounds like an amp in the room because it is an amp in the room.

Back