Steve Vai in the eyes of Generation Z (warning: Polyphia contents)

How nice of them to let grandpa hang out with them and be on their video
grandma.jpg

Found the video!

POLYPHIA plays "Sweet Child O Mine" (feat Steve VAI)​

Hah, excellent! Only half-watched on the tablet (cleaning the dishes and stuff in the kitchen) and almost fell for the prank - well, not really, but for a split second I thought Polyphia had detected some sense of humor - but oh well, "humor" is possibly the last attribute you'd associate with Polyphia,

Polyphia isnt exactly a group I want to be "sticking up for" but I think they clearly have a sense of humor, like the whole "boomer bends" thing was a passive jokey comment. Riled up too many aging snowflakes though, but I guess all press is good press

like the whole "boomer bends" thing was a passive jokey comment.

Well, no idea. I never took the slightest offense (because I actually quite perfectly understand why someone would call boomer bends boomer bends...), but as an attempt at humor, that's pretty lame in my book.

I'm old and I do like a good troll. But I associate dude with the Quad Turdtex and that takes precedence over me appreciating his skills as as an internet irritant.

Polyphia isnt exactly a group I want to be "sticking up for" but I think they clearly have a sense of humor, like the whole "boomer bends" thing was a passive jokey comment. Riled up too many aging snowflakes though, but I guess all press is good press

What’s funny is that it was just an off the cuff phrase within a discussion and it was addressing the stereotypical bluesy playing ALL ages/eras talk shit about, including the boomers. I thought the reaction to it was funny as fuck and it’s not not true, which is exactly why it got the reaction it did. :rofl

“I’m pretty sure I hear bending in their music! Where does he think that came from? Huh? These kids don’t respect the greats that originated it ::insert diatribe involving Jimi, Carlos, Gallagher, Moore, Page, Gilmour, etc here:: Good luck getting far with that mentality, we’re the only ones still buying records, which you need to survive and buy your neck tattoos and guess who owns the labels they’ll need to make it big? Not going to make it to the big top talking bad about the people at the top, listen up, bucko”

“That’s what‘s wrong with kids and their short attention spans. I listened to their music, blip blop slip flop boop boop beep, changes every 5 seconds because no one can pay attention long enough. There’s no expression in that. How do you make the guitar sing without holding out a note and bending it? This is what 5 second tiktok’s and ipads do, they make kids like this idiot. Why did his parents let him get that neck tattoo”

Can't argue with success.
They have obviously found an audience for their stuff, which is great.
And, they are fricking kids, man.
Let them be proud of what they do. And talk smack to the old farts.

What’s funny is that it was just an off the cuff phrase within a discussion and it was addressing the stereotypical bluesy playing ALL ages/eras talk shit about, including the boomers. I thought the reaction to it was funny as fuck and it’s not not true, which is exactly why it got the reaction it did. :rofl

“I’m pretty sure I hear bending in their music! Where does he think that came from? Huh? These kids don’t respect the greats that originated it ::insert diatribe involving Jimi, Carlos, Gallagher, Moore, Page, Gilmour, etc here:: Good luck getting far with that mentality, we’re the only ones still buying records, which you need to survive and buy your neck tattoos and guess who owns the labels they’ll need to make it big? Not going to make it to the big top talking bad about the people at the top, listen up, bucko”

“That’s what‘s wrong with kids and their short attention spans. I listened to their music, blip blop slip flop boop boop beep, changes every 5 seconds because no one can pay attention long enough. There’s no expression in that. How do you make the guitar sing without holding out a note and bending it? This is what 5 second tiktok’s and ipads do, they make kids like this idiot. Why did his parents let him get that neck tattoo”
The whole thing is even funnier when you watch that video of TimH jamming at NAMM:

He's so boomery with his playing it isn't even funny.

Back