Steve Vai in the eyes of Generation Z (warning: Polyphia contents)

The most talented person(s) in Polyphia is clearly their drummer(s). And by quite a long ways, in my opinion.

Way harder/more challenging than any of the guitar work.

Reactions: mk5
Sorry, still have trouble forgetting that I don’t need to append “IMHO, just opinion, YMMV” at every post, like at The Other Place. If you don’t, you get “WHY YOU SAY FACT WHEN NOT FACT?! WHY YOU NO HUMBLE?”
We should just just acknowledge that there are very few “experts” on these forums and just agree to assume that what we write is of our own opinion or simply speculation.

We should just just acknowledge that there are very few “experts” on these forums and just agree to assume that what we write is of our own opinion or simply speculation.
Don't try this elsewhere!

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

But yes, I agree.

I'd rather listen to polyphia than vai

but 75% of the time I'll pass on both
I listened to a handful of Polyphia songs today…

just can’t get into them.

I think they’re reasonably good on their instruments, however in no way are Scott and Tim in the realm of the guitar gods at this point in their journey.

Yet again, I tried. I listened to their entire catalog. Surprisingly, I prefer their earlier work where the drums sound like an actual kit and not a sequencer.

But overall, in my opinion, it’s just a hodgepodge of quantized notes wrapped up in a hip hop beat. No groove, no hook, and nothing memorable that I’d find myself humming to while grocery shopping.

And the video that was posted earlier shows that they absolutely choked when it came to improvising. Call them “guitar gods” if you want, but Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, and Dave Weiner are on a completely different level compared to them. I’ll take my “boomer bends” over that crap any day.

Nita looked like she was having a fucking seizure on stage.

The most talented person(s) in Polyphia is clearly their drummer(s). And by quite a long ways, in my opinion.

Way harder/more challenging than any of the guitar work.

Yknow... he's fantastic... but..... I'm ALWAYS waiting for the moment where they drop into a fucking huge stonking Rage Against The Machine/Tool/Soundgarden/Limp Bizkit/Tesseract/Karnivool type riff... and it just never happens!!!

They're the ultimate blue balls band for me.

And the video that was posted earlier shows that they absolutely choked when it came to improvising. Call them “guitar gods” if you want, but Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, and Dave Weiner are on a completely different level compared to them. I’ll take my “boomer bends” over that crap any day.
I mean, maybe it's nerves when you are on stage with guitar gods. I bet I would choke too in that situation.

Don't really care for Polyphia and similar. If I feel like I am listening to a math exam, I'm out!

Back