Step down transformers?

spawnofthesith

Shredder
Anyone mess with these? Do the $30 ones on Amazon work fine or is this something that needs to be more heavily invested in?

If anyone saw my mark Iv debauchal, I just pitched $1k if I were to come back with one and test if everything still worked….

I spent $30 so slash $450 off your asking price. :facepalm

You are brutal man. I ain't ever selling you jack shit. :LOL:

I’m pretty butthurt I spent almost 2hrs of my Saturday going to Aurora and back empty handed. Duplicating the procedure at risk of it still being a bust I ain’t gonna eff around :LOL:

Also pretty disturbed that they plugged an amp that they obviously knew came from Europe into a USA wall outlet :cop

I’m pretty butthurt I spent almost 2hrs of my Saturday going to Aurora and back empty handed. Duplicating the procedure at risk of it still being a bust I ain’t gonna eff around :LOL:

Also pretty disturbed that they plugged an amp that they obviously knew came from Europe into a USA wall outlet :cop
why would that be a problem? If designed well nothing should have happened.

Hey Broseidon, what’s the word on this project?

Stepdown is currently residing in my trunk, super tied up the next few days though. I have a small window thursday morning that I asked if he'd be available, otherwise would probably have to be the weekend. So still to be continued...

Of course maybe he'll just ghost me now. We'll see :LOL:

why would that be a problem? If designed well nothing should have happened.

I am a stupid man and not an electrician, but I have been reassured that a lower voltage outlet should not be a problem. In any case, it doesn't provide high confidence levels that the amp would be working had I just took it home blind... I understand not being a musician and knowing much about an amp, but one would think that a European with a european electronic appliance would know better :idk hopefully this all concludes with a happy ending lol

I am a stupid man and not an electrician, but I have been reassured that a lower voltage outlet should not be a problem.

Maybe for a few minutes but definitely NOT recommended.

Are you in the US and bought a 230V amp? It's not clear from the conversation. You'd need a step up transformer in that case.

Maybe for a few minutes but definitely NOT recommended.

Are you in the US and bought a 230V amp? It's not clear from the conversation. You'd need a step up transformer in that case.

Theres been a bit of a saga in my amp gas thread...

Long story short: I am in the USA. found good deal on a mesa mark IV combo, went to check it out last saturday. Sellers are some Russian gentlemen, and not musicians. Amp powers on, I'm not getting any sound after tinkering around for a bit I realize it says the amp is 240V. I point that out and theyre like "oh yes it is from europe". I leave dejected. After some soul searching I messaged back asking if I were to return with a transformer and everything worked if they would accept $1k. They said yes

I may be having the terminology wrong but the transformer I bought does step up/and step down and I understand how to operate for correct conversion

Transformer is now in my possession, and currently awaiting on confirmation of a second meeting time later in the week

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

Back