St. Rock Amperium: Owners Club

@st.Rock @deLuther I see all units are sold out - congratulations on the achievement!

Will there be another run?

Also, is there a possibility for USB audio recording and/or the unit acting as a USB interface with future updates?

Still no shipping information whatsoever :(
It's on it's way! Takes it's time though (no update since Tuesday) this thing is really testing my patience lol.
Super excited for this, gonna post some demos for sure. If anyone is interested in a specific amp - let me know and i'm gonna record some stuff!

It's on it's way! Takes it's time though (no update since Tuesday) this thing is really testing my patience lol.
Super excited for this, gonna post some demos for sure. If anyone is interested in a specific amp - let me know and i'm gonna record some stuff!
Curious how the Atomica and Meshuggah amps sound with a TS boost in front.

What was the delivery time for you guys if i may ask?

On Monday (Apr 29th) my parcel has been sent from Hungary and is going to Germany.
On Tuesday (April 30th - 01:34am) was the last update - still in Hungary.
No update since then.

Slowly getting a bit frustrated not gonna lie.

On Monday (Apr 29th) my parcel has been sent from Hungary and is going to Germany.
No update since then.

When I got one it took 5 days from Hungary to my door in Germany.

No update since then.

About a month to the US

Christmas day has arrived - the pedal is here!
I've played for about 5 mins until the unit turned off again cause the provided power supply decided to quit so it was a rather short rendezvous. I enjoyed it though lol. I have a 9V 1.7A Supply left here - which in theory should meet the requirements of 1.5A so wish me luck it will stay on for a bit longer now.
Sound wise the first impressions are pretty solid.

Christmas day has arrived - the pedal is here!
I've played for about 5 mins until the unit turned off again cause the provided power supply decided to quit so it was a rather short rendezvous. I enjoyed it though lol. I have a 9V 1.7A Supply left here - which in theory should meet the requirements of 1.5A so wish me luck it will stay on for a bit longer now.
Sound wise the first impressions are pretty solid.
How would you say it compares to some of the other stuff you've tried? Like, how do you say it feels to the Fortin Nameless plugin or NAM profiles?

Hey all......I know this thing is about amp tones first and foremost, but what are the reverbs like? Anything you can use for spacey, big pad-like ambient sounds?

Hey all......I know this thing is about amp tones first and foremost, but what are the reverbs like? Anything you can use for spacey, big pad-like ambient sYou can eas
Ya, for sure, I tried everything at this point, in the multifx section you have 8 shimmer, a ton of reverbs and delays, you can do everything.

How would you say it compares to some of the other stuff you've tried? Like, how do you say it feels to the Fortin Nameless plugin or NAM profiles?
Ok so i've spent a few days with it now and i'm gonna say that when it comes to raw amp tones at least - for me personally - this is the top player right here. I've never gotten such good amp tones from a unit without fiddling around for a few minutes and that's where it wins over for example the Fractal for me. I'm not saying it sounds better than a Fractal, it just sounds good more quickly (or even instantly without any tweaking). Not disliking Fractal stuff, don't get me wrong, but the Amperium just clicks instantly for me without needing to think about it too much.

With that in mind - comparing the Amperium to other established brands in the game (Fractal, Line6, Neural DSP...you name it) is a bit tough because by now they all sound good to a point where it's just personal preference to be honest.
The Fortin Nameless Suite sounds super good, it just offers less features than the Amperium.
You can make the Amperium sound like the Fortin Nameless Suite and the other way around could probably also make the Fortin Nameless Suite sound like the Amperium as long as you stick to the according Amp model.
NAM will theoretically sound and feel pretty much equally as good as the Amperium but you'd need to rely on other people creating good quality captures which then have to fit your guitar/pickups and so on so it's a bit hit and miss. Same goes for TONEX and Kemper.

Now when it comes to FEEL, the Amperium wipes the floor with most of what i've tried in my 18 years of playing guitar. I've had a Kemper which i was'nt a huge fan of (for the same reasons i struggled with TONEX and NAM as i described above) and i've had a Fractal FM3 (which felt pretty similar when i managed to make it sound what i considered good) but especially compared to Plugin Format Amp Sims the Amperium snacks them for breakfast.
I'm genuinely super in love with that thing.

User interface is of course not on a Fractal level but Software wise more than managable and even on the unit itself absolutely doable. It's not as horrible as some people claim it to be.

The provided power supply died 5 mins into playing so i'm now running a 9V 1.7A one which until yesterday ended up working fine but then the unit acted up a little weird where it turned on and off repeatedly, ending up in a flashing lights loop. I was able to fix it by changing the power supply yet again and now it runs (even with the 2nd one).
So yeah cause of that i'm not fully trusting the unit 100% but besides that this is an awesome little device that easily plays right up there with the big boys.

The amp tones are its main thing. The effects are passable in a mix but nothing you'd want to highlight on their own.
I'm gonna +1 that. The effects are more than enough to scratch out ideas or even play a gig with but other than that the Fractal stuff wins here both in quality and routing possibilities.

The provided power supply died 5 mins into playing so i'm now running a 9V 1.7A one which until yesterday ended up working fine but then the unit acted up a little weird where it turned on and off repeatedly, ending up in a flashing lights loop. I was able to fix it by changing the power supply yet again and now it runs (even with the 2nd one).
So yeah cause of that i'm not fully trusting the unit 100% but besides that this is an awesome little device that easily plays right up there with the big boys.
I've seen it do this when using a different power supply. I assume it's because it has built-in auto switching that adapts to the power supply used.

Ok so i've spent a few days with it now and i'm gonna say that when it comes to raw amp tones at least - for me personally - this is the top player right here. I've never gotten such good amp tones from a unit without fiddling around for a few minutes and that's where it wins over for example the Fractal for me. I'm not saying it sounds better than a Fractal, it just sounds good more quickly (or even instantly without any tweaking). Not disliking Fractal stuff, don't get me wrong, but the Amperium just clicks instantly for me without needing to think about it too much.

With that in mind - comparing the Amperium to other established brands in the game (Fractal, Line6, Neural DSP...you name it) is a bit tough because by now they all sound good to a point where it's just personal preference to be honest.
The Fortin Nameless Suite sounds super good, it just offers less features than the Amperium.
You can make the Amperium sound like the Fortin Nameless Suite and the other way around could probably also make the Fortin Nameless Suite sound like the Amperium as long as you stick to the according Amp model.
NAM will theoretically sound and feel pretty much equally as good as the Amperium but you'd need to rely on other people creating good quality captures which then have to fit your guitar/pickups and so on so it's a bit hit and miss. Same goes for TONEX and Kemper.

Now when it comes to FEEL, the Amperium wipes the floor with most of what i've tried in my 18 years of playing guitar. I've had a Kemper which i was'nt a huge fan of (for the same reasons i struggled with TONEX and NAM as i described above) and i've had a Fractal FM3 (which felt pretty similar when i managed to make it sound what i considered good) but especially compared to Plugin Format Amp Sims the Amperium snacks them for breakfast.

User interface is of course not on a Fractal level but Software wise more than managable and even on the unit itself absolutely doable. It's not as horrible as some people claim it to be.

I'm gonna +1 that. The effects are more than enough to scratch out ideas or even play a gig with but other than that the Fractal stuff wins here both in quality and routing possibilities.
Thanks for the write up.

The "feel" thing is what I was trying to gauge.

After having got another FM3 recently, I noticed the feel I like in NAM isn't really there (or not easily accessible); the quick & massive lowend "hit" I hear in NAM profiles or the Fortin Nameless isn't easily achieved in the FM3 and I toyed around with a lot of parameters / SIC etc on the models (had another FM3 a while back for about 1.5 years & was used to messing around with settings etc).

Thanks for the write up.

The "feel" thing is what I was trying to gauge.

After having got another FM3 recently, I noticed the feel I like in NAM isn't really there (or not easily accessible); the quick & massive lowend "hit" I hear in NAM profiles or the Fortin Nameless isn't easily achieved in the FM3 and I toyed around with a lot of parameters / SIC etc on the models (had another FM3 a while back for about 1.5 years & was used to messing around with settings etc).
I absolutely get what you mean, thats the exact same thing i was missing in my Fractal aswell. I sometimes got it to work by tweaking the impedance curve but wasnt always content - probably just because of the fact that i had to mess around to make it do the thing which lead me to thinking it's not accurate so it's maybe just a psychological thing i dont know.
I have'nt really tried the Neural Model side of things yet since i did'nt feel the need but i assume it's pretty comparable to NAM. The component Modeling however is really spot on. Amps just have that "oomph" and the power amp saturation (in Amps that rely on it for their sound) also sounds insanely good. I've played with the JCM800 and the Fender Princeton a lot and man they feel so awesome to play.

Also the 5150 III Stealth is probably my favourite Hi Gainer in there that thing just rips your face off. Right next to the Diezel VH4. They really nail it and i'm so curious on what comes next for them. If they produce a 2nd revision with a polished UI they would easily be able to dethrone the kings. Nothing but respect for such an accomplishment especially considering their present circumstances.

Yeah I love my Helix but to me the amp models in the Amperium are easier to dial in because all the controls are there and react the way you expect them to if you had the amp in front of you. I'm really looking forward to where updates take the unit

I've had the amperium pedal for half a year and I have to say that I love the raw sound of the amplifier. I had a kemper profiler before and I have to say that for the first time I liked my own profile more than the amperium. Only after the creators of Amperium sent me a comparison of the evh5150 simulation from Amperium with their tube original did I find out that sound in Kemper is actuall ideal compared to Amperium which had such dirt in the background just like the original. The Amperium simply has a response in the bass that the kemper does not have. I also did a comparison with NAM profiles and the feeling are absolutely the same. I don't mind being controlled. I'm a supporter of "set and leave" and I like being controlled via an Android phone. Otherwise, the delay is completely usable and of good quality. I like the chorus, which plays well as a ce-5 boss. So, for me, this pedal is the best price-performance option. The only thing that bothers me is the strange noises when switching the preset.

Thank you all for yours kind words and feedback.
We carefully reading all you posts and noticing all you wishes and requires.
Amperium Live is our first modeler! And YES it's not ideal but we have tried to make it good sounding device (especially in the situation we are in now.).
From beginning it was thinking up as just amp modeler.
But we got some CPU power that is not enough for stereo but was enough for FX effects. So we have added FX effects for that percentage of power of the CPU -) We don't plan to be equivalent to AXE by effects but we want to be not worse by amp modeling. It was our aim.
About NNM - it was added in last month before amperium was released. The quality of NNM is equivalent to TONEX.
We didn't plan it because thought that this quality is not enough. But TONEX is prove that is good enough for customers -) . So we just added ours researches too -)

About ugly UI. I need more responses to understand what means : ugly of hardware, design of panel of hardware device, quality of case of hardware, old style LCD, ugly software design, ugly design of menu on hardware etc.
The GUI of software have such design to be the same on all OS and devices. Software looks the same on windows, macOS, Android, iOS.
It have "zoomed" view on desktops bcs it must looks the same on mobile phones and tabs. And must be the same for mouse and for touches.
It give us to make one software instead of 4 different for different os.

So... Now I hard working on such things :
- React:IR 2
- and how not be mobilized into the army. And this is more hard thing than you can imagine and understand.

Soon we release update with last added amps and drives, + fixing some bugs etc.

WBR, Vasilius st.Rock

Back