St. Rock Amperium: Owners Club

Hello

New beta 1.97 is released.
And we want to ask the owners of the device to test some new stuff in the Power Amp section.
There are two new items marked as RnD.
We are experimenting with the speaker's saturation\compression.
We are interested if these two variants sound better than standard one.
Or it sounds worse at all. If it is better then what is better and so on.
We will be glad to receive any feedback.
Thank you

1709425867332.png

CAB - Loading a new Impulse Response is broken in 1.97.

I've tested more. It is actually working, however, if you delete some IR's , like from 1-10, delete IR 3 and 4, the app seems to not import an IR that you want into 3, but, instead it's put into 11. Slot 4 is also affected by this problem. If there are more gaps, then, the IR is put into the first empty slot after the last IR slot that has an IR.

Still testing.

Last edited:
CAB - Loading a new Impulse Response is broken in 1.97.

I've tested more. It is actually working, however, if you delete some IR's , like from 1-10, delete IR 3 and 4, the app seems to not import an IR that you want into 3, but, instead it's put into 11. Slot 4 is also affected by this problem. If there are more gaps, then, the IR is put into the first empty slot after the last IR slot that has an IR.

Still testing.
can't confirm it here. Try to press "minus" button on IR 3/4 and try to add new again for check

St-Rock - Is it possible for the Return input to bypass the 2nd processor so it goes straight to outputs?

I would like to connect my Boss GP10 into the return input, but, stay unprocessed. I currently do this using the 3.5mm output from the GP10 into the aux 3.5mm input of the Amperium, but, would prefer to use a guitar cable instead.

St-Rock - Is it possible for the Return input to bypass the 2nd processor so it goes straight to outputs?

I would like to connect my Boss GP10 into the return input, but, stay unprocessed. I currently do this using the 3.5mm output from the GP10 into the aux 3.5mm input of the Amperium, but, would prefer to use a guitar cable instead.
if all blocks are bypassed the signal will goes to the output .

Hello

And we want to ask the owners of the device to test some new stuff in the Power Amp section.
Thank you

View attachment 19419
I'll try to play with this tonight after work.

Hello

Thank you

View attachment 19419
Okay so played with the RnD power amps a bit last night. The most obvious difference was the Amp Low selection sounded noticeably brighter than the standard power amp or the Red RnD selection. This was true both with an IR running into my DAW and without one running through a class D power amp into a real cab. For me the brightness was too much, especially through the real cab but might be useful for someone who runs their amps darker and with more gain than I do. For reference I tested with the JCM 800 and 5153 Stealth Amp models. I also noticed a couple new overdrive in the OD block. I'm not sure what the last one is modeled from but the buxom(think that was the name?) Sounds great in front of a stock 800

Okay so played with the RnD power amps a bit last night. The most obvious difference was the Amp Low selection sounded noticeably brighter than the standard power amp or the Red RnD selection. This was true both with an IR running into my DAW and without one running through a class D power amp into a real cab. For me the brightness was too much, especially through the real cab but might be useful for someone who runs their amps darker and with more gain than I do. For reference I tested with the JCM 800 and 5153 Stealth Amp models. I also noticed a couple new overdrive in the OD block. I'm not sure what the last one is modeled from but the buxom(think that was the name?) Sounds great in front of a stock 800
buxom is friedman buxom boost.

In these power amps - the main and one difference is compression\saturation of speaker\load.
The Low is have compression of low resonance only - imho it's more correct case.
The Full - have compression in full range.
The standard power amp section don't have compression.
So differences in these power amps in compression\saturation on some frequencies.

buxom is friedman buxom boost.

In these power amps - the main and one difference is compression\saturation of speaker\load.
The Low is have compression of low resonance only - imho it's more correct case.
The Full - have compression in full range.
The standard power amp section don't have compression.
So differences in these power amps in compression\saturation on some frequencies.
Interesting. I really couldn't tell much difference between the standard and the Full. But now that I know what they're doing I might tweak my amp settings to work with the Low. Is the master volume triggering the compression?

more of master must be make the effect more clearly. it's depends from amp and settings.
if take default preset with 5150 Blue - i am clearly hear the difference between all 3 variants.
but not sure if it have sense at all (due to small difference) -) maybe some thing no need to be repeated or we did it in wrong manner. -)
I am like Low variant it make palm mutes less booming.

more of master must be make the effect more clearly. it's depends from amp and settings.
if take default preset with 5150 Blue - i am clearly hear the difference between all 3 variants.
but not sure if it have sense at all (due to small difference) -) maybe some thing no need to be repeated or we did it in wrong manner. -)
I can hear the differences. Is the situation leading to a choice being made on which one/s to keep? I think more options here would be great. I like the standard and Full.

Yeah I could see that being useful on amps that get woofy. I already have mine set pretty tight with an OD in front and didn't really mess with the master so the effect was probably minimal for me.

For the EU customers we have possibility to send the parcels from the EU Zone.
Usually once per week ( on Monday).
Does this mean that we wouldn't need to pay additional import tax (VAT, import duties) on top of what the unit costs?

Back