St. Rock Amperium: Owners Club

For recording, the power section is essential I find. Having a blast with mine and it seems you all are as well.

Love this machine…

@st.Rock

Do you all have any hints or potential additions via firmware/software updates, or maybe you all are just taking it easy for now?

Thanks!

@st.Rock could you please specify the latency is for a regular dist -> amp -> delay -> reverb patch.
Also when buying from the european version of the website is the product sent from ukraine or somwhere else in europe? Asking because of imporr taxes and stuff.

@st.Rock could you please specify the latency is for a regular dist -> amp -> delay -> reverb patch.
The fastest way for standard specification is check a website... https://st-rock.com/amperium/
1704569513154.png

@st.Rock
Also when buying from the european version of the website is the product sent from ukraine or somwhere else in europe? Asking because of imporr taxes and stuff.
For the EU customers we have possibility to send the parcels from the EU Zone.
Usually once per week ( on Monday).

Hm...
You can send a bank file here - and then we can say what is wrong.
Poweramp section is very important part of sound IMHO.
But the main problem is wrong IR's - need to use flat IR's if you using any load type except a passive.
I wrote here (on forum) how to understand if IR's include an impedance curve or not.
Some amps, like plexi can't sound correct without a power amp.
That's my problem since I got the unit, some impulses sounds fine, other sounds like sh*t, with the load active. Being using the Tonemission impulses, got good results, I think those are flat. BTW anyone knows if this unit con record a processed and a dry signal (for reamping) at the same time? Maybe processed left and dry right just to hook them in 2 diff preamps in the interface?

That's my problem since I got the unit, some impulses sounds fine, other sounds like sh*t, with the load active. Being using the Tonemission impulses, got good results, I think those are flat. BTW anyone knows if this unit con record a processed and a dry signal (for reamping) at the same time? Maybe processed left and dry right just to hook them in 2 diff preamps in the interface?
But why do you see the problem in Amperium instead of IR's ? -)
How can we control the types of IR's that customers use?
There is a LOAD type for this case.
I agree - maybe it doesn't look like a fast one knob solution.
But there are a lot of possibilities.
And we try to find a balance between difficulty and a simplicity.
But users must understand some things too.

But why do you see the problem in Amperium instead of IR's ? -)
How can we control the types of IR's that customers use?
There is a LOAD type for this case.
I agree - maybe it doesn't look like a fast one knob solution.
But there are a lot of possibilities.
And we try to find a balance between difficulty and a simplicity.
But users must understand some things too.
@st.Rock Oh no no, don't get me wrong, I understand the problem its the impulses, not the unit. Any work around about the question I asked before? anyone knows if this unit con record a processed and a dry signal (for reamping) at the same time? Maybe processed left and dry right just to hook them in 2 diff preamps in the interface?

@st.Rock Oh no no, don't get me wrong, I understand the problem its the impulses, not the unit. Any work around about the question I asked before? anyone knows if this unit con record a processed and a dry signal (for reamping) at the same time? Maybe processed left and dry right just to hook them in 2 diff preamps in the interface?
They dabbled with USB audio but I think it was for playback only. Not 100 percent sure tho

I don't believe it's possible. The closest you will get is 1 pre-amp etc, then, output impulse response on the Left side, and right side is with no ir.

Better than fm3? I've been entertaining the idea of getting one of these and selling my fm3 then...it really sounds better! I'm especially interested of friedman and any marshall like tones, and for metal mesa too.
I've been using the Friedman JEL in it a lot and recently there's there's a modified JCM 800 available in the JCM 800 preamp that just smokes. Not sure what the mod is but it's become my favorite amp in the Amperium. My last gig I used the JEL and my next I'll use that modded Marshall.

I've been using the Friedman JEL in it a lot and recently there's there's a modified JCM 800 available in the JCM 800 preamp that just smokes. Not sure what the mod is but it's become my favorite amp in the Amperium. My last gig I used the JEL and my next I'll use that modded Marshall.
If you recall which mod I'm all ears 😬

Anyone who has fractal AND amperium, can I have your opinnion! I'm tempted to sell my fm3 for 900€ and get amperium and earn some money in the process.

Anyone who has fractal AND amperium, can I have your opinnion! I'm tempted to sell my fm3 for 900€ and get amperium and earn some money in the process.
depends on your needs. If you want a bunch of fx, I don’t think you’ll be happy moving from FAS to Amperium. If all you need is good core amp tones and basic fx, then you might get along fine with just the Amperium.

FWIW, I’m not an expert when it comes to clean, edge of breakup, or light crunch tones, but i would say FAS is way better at those types of tones. At least, I have an easier time getting something on like on the FAS gear than the Amperium. Amperium’s best tones are its high gain tones.

If you don't like the fractal you won't like the Amperium if I had to take a guess.

The Amperium is wonderful, but if you can't get what you like out of the fractal, I just worry you'll run into the same problem with the Amperium.

As for what sounds better, the Amperium has some pre amps I prefer more than fractal and vice versa. The Amperium also has a few unique amps such as the Randall Satan, Krank, Driftwood, etc and all the different switches and whatnot are on one page which is really cool.

But if you are looking for a stark difference in tone, I don't think you'll find it

I have a quick question for you owners and creators, when I plug my guitar in a blank bank the signal clips a little, then I activate everything and doesn't clip, should I adjust the input gain in that first signal to prevent clipping the blocks forward? Or doesn't really matters?

I have a quick question for you owners and creators, when I plug my guitar in a blank bank the signal clips a little, then I activate everything and doesn't clip, should I adjust the input gain in that first signal to prevent clipping the blocks forward? Or doesn't really matters?
Not sure if I completely understand but sometimes when changing power amps, it can mess with the volume and clipping. Also, my headphones clip but I need to get some new ones so I'm not sure how you are monitoring

Back