St. Rock Amperium: Owners Club

Mine was a lil quicker to FL ircc. Depends how slammed customs are I guess. This time of yr they are probably swamped

Took about 2 weeks to get to the east coast of the states!

There's 1 week down the tubes with zero activity showing.

1703339499148.png

I won't need any of it. (unless I plan on using headphones) Normally it will go:

Amperium SEND > Broughton EQ > Boss DM-2W > Samson amp > guitar cab
If I need additional FX I have plenty of pedals in the closet. :grin

Playing the clean on the Mark III last night got me jonesing for Fender tones so started looking at a Cyber Deluxe. Then looked at the price of the St. Rock - $607.06 to my front door, everything included! :oops:

If I can score a half dozen or so (or more) of highly usable PREs for less than the cost of two small Strymon pedals? Easy peasy.
HI, I just received mine, so, I have a question for you guys (owners), the preamps sounds amazing, but I'm having trouble with the POW section, every load (defaultt ReactiIR or something) I try sounds horrible through my "FRFR", there's any way to bypass that load section or bypass the colouring in that block? Im using OH Ir's

HI, I just received mine, so, I have a question for you guys (owners), the preamps sounds amazing, but I'm having trouble with the POW section, every load (defaultt ReactiIR or something) I try sounds horrible through my "FRFR", there's any way to bypass that load section or bypass the colouring in that block? Im using OH Ir's
Yeah there should be the on off toggle when you click on the POW block that will turn it on or off.

That's strange it sounds so bad through an "FRFR"! Maybe make sure you are hitting "default power amp" on the pre model when you change to make sure it's matching accordingly

Yeah there should be the on off toggle when you click on the POW block that will turn it on or off.

That's strange it sounds so bad through an "FRFR"! Maybe make sure you are hitting "default power amp" on the pre model when you change to make sure it's matching accordingly
Nevermid, I just found a passive option in the Load section of the POW block, that removed the coloration. NOW sound even better lol, The React IR shouldn't be the default one @st.Rock

Which load are you using now 😀 what's your favorite pre so far?
I’m using passive load at the time, I find it more natural, The EVH pres, the recto 2 ch, the ACs and some of the Friedmans sounds better than the same pres of my fm3 is hard to believe really

Do you have the same perception?

I opened the box to check out the construction (SOLID AS F*CK!!) and then wrapped it back up to ship to Mongo.
Based on everything I've read I totally understand the Amperium being compared with the other top dogs.

I agree it's on par with FAS as far as raw amp tones (but I haven't played all the models). It obviously doesn't have the same feature set but it's a great sounding device
Yes, I mean, Im talking about the sound, every other aspect falls from fm3 (and the price too)

Nevermid, I just found a passive option in the Load section of the POW block, that removed the coloration. NOW sound even better lol, The React IR shouldn't be the default one @st.Rock
Hm...
You can send a bank file here - and then we can say what is wrong.
Poweramp section is very important part of sound IMHO.
But the main problem is wrong IR's - need to use flat IR's if you using any load type except a passive.
I wrote here (on forum) how to understand if IR's include an impedance curve or not.
Some amps, like plexi can't sound correct without a power amp.

I’m using passive load at the time, I find it more natural, The EVH pres, the recto 2 ch, the ACs and some of the Friedmans sounds better than the same pres of my fm3 is hard to believe really
Better than fm3? I've been entertaining the idea of getting one of these and selling my fm3 then...it really sounds better! I'm especially interested of friedman and any marshall like tones, and for metal mesa too.

Better than fm3? I've been entertaining the idea of getting one of these and selling my fm3 then...it really sounds better! I'm especially interested of friedman and any marshall like tones, and for metal mesa too.
It's going to be very subjective. All tone is.

You just have to see what needs you have. I think we've chatted before but I believe you'd benefit from having both to compare and selling the one you decide against

Back