Speaking of gigging; real feel 104°. Let's do this outdoor gig!

It's not raining, and no gig, so I think I am going to ride the Harley to a lake somewhere
and go for a swim with my farmer's tan.

Hope they park that trailer in the shade for you guys, JT! :beer
I think there is supposed to be a "tent". Fingers crossed they've added air conditioning :rofl

As long as you are all out of the direct sunlight it should be doable. If not..... well... :wat

I don't have the bone structure to pull it off, I'm afraid :cry:
In that case perfect time to break out the Rick James to switch things up.

61nycBEYBML._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Yet another reason I don't miss gigging. These days, I couldn't do it. My strings would be rusty after the first set!

I literally sweat when I crank up the ole metronome and start pushing myself, while playing inside, in the AC!

We used to regularly play summer outdoor gigs at dock bars, with the sun setting towards us. So by the time we were on, there was nothing we could do! The canopy we were under didn't help at all. Other than the eye-candy getting off the speed boats, it really sucked all the fun out of it.

Drank what seemed like 3 gallons of water. As long as I stayed in front of one of the industrial fans; it was tolerable. Any time out of that zone was dreadful. It did finally cool down right before it blasted us with a rainstorm before we could get tore down :oops: :wat:cuss:rofl

Had a good turnout nonetheless and we played good I'd say. It's just that time of year when outdoor gigs can get brutal.

Back