Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

Thanks for making that video. Say I have a clean rig with no amp, cab or effects. What I want to do is customize the list of available amps that I can choose from on the Player itself (when I'm using via the phone app for example). I can remove amps using Rig Manager but I'm not able to save amps to that list. They never show up when using the phone app. I will keep experimenting tonight though. Thanks!

I don’t have a Player so I don’t know if Rig Manager allows you to store Presets to the physical hardware (MyProfiler in Rig Manager under All Presets) I’m assuming it does. If it does you can follow the instructions below.

As long as you can store a block preset to the physical Player you can open it via the mobile App.

For every Amp (or any other preset block) you want to save to the physical hardware Player (so you can see the Amp via the App) you will need to save that Amp block as a Preset and store it on the Player.

Connect the Player to your Computer via USB and then connect to it via Rig Manager on your computer.

Follow the video I made starting at 6:33. It will show you how I save the amp block to a new folder on the computer (All Presets > Local Library) and then I copy and paste it to the physical Kemper (MyProfiler). Once the amp block preset is stored to the physical Player, you will be able to select it via the mobile App via the menu.

Start the video at 6:33:

Confirming it works!

bIvkJpn.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for making that video. Say I have a clean rig with no amp, cab or effects. What I want to do is customize the list of available amps that I can choose from on the Player itself (when I'm using via the phone app for example). I can remove amps using Rig Manager but I'm not able to save amps to that list. They never show up when using the phone app. I will keep experimenting tonight though. Thanks!
If you are talking about the drop down list under the label “Amp Model” where you also find the Generic Amp in that list you never will. The user can not cause something to change or appear there.
That is where Kemper puts the modeling of different tone stacks and gain types. That is where you select the model of a tone stack to apply the behavior of the tone stack model you picked to apply to a Profile of an amp in a Rig you have selected if you want to make it a Liquid Profile. That is the only interaction you can have with those ‘Models’.

what you are looking for is Rigs. The menu that fills the left side of Rig Manager is where all the lists are that you will audition and use.
there is a list of Rig Exchange, literally thousands of them. Those are on the internet.
There is the 50 spots in the Player itself.
There is/will be a list of all the ones you will be collecting from Rig Exchange or other users directly and keeping them on your computer called Local Library.
and you will discover the same Rig can be listed in more than one list! Right now you can search for one of the ones on your Player and you will get the results that show your Player and a result that shows it in Rig Exchange and maybe your Local Library for a third result.

There is a great search and filtering capability to use to help you find a particular real amps Profile / Rig. Or find everything uploaded that has a user name…or has the term Soldano in it etc etc

You need to stop thinking in terms of “model” as something you can go get, and install. Save that for modelers like Helix and Fractal etc. they create models of amps and that is what you use in that world.
In Kemper the universe they Profile amps and put them in Rigs (the signal chain from input to output just like Helix presets).
Other blocks are the effects before and after the Stack…the Stack being the amp profile and the cab profile.

You will find that learning these names for things is very helpful, both when getting help from those who know and speak Kemper but also as you look around Rig Manager because the instructions, labels etc are using those terms. For example there is a place where you might select to send the Stack output to DAW but send the complete Rig output to monitors. So you hear the effects you have after the Stack in your monitors but you are recording a more dry version so you can add reverb and delay in the mix later. Lots of cool routing available in the Kemper but if you are looking for other manufacturers labels you’ll have a hard time.

That is why you found the drop down list called ‘Amp Model‘confusing. Those of us who have been using Kemper for over a decade never saw anything called Amp Model until a month ago when it was included but only in the context of showing us where to select a MODEL of a TONE STACK for a Profiled amp in a Rig we had loaded.

A Rig that is loaded is noted by a headphone icon in left most column of Rig Manager…I say this because it is possible to be listening to a Rig but highlighting a different Rig to copy or just examine to see what’s in it…how a block is set up etc.

its a lot I know. You probably don’t recall how much learning Helix was, or Fractal or BOSS. Soon you’ll be zipping through Kemper too but first you walk then run.

Last edited:
If you are talking about the drop down list under the label “Amp Model” where you also find the Generic Amp in that list you never will. The user can not cause something to change or appear there.
That is where Kemper puts the modeling of different tone stacks and gain types. That is where you select the model of a tone stack to apply the behavior of the tone stack model you picked to apply to a Profile of an amp in a Rig you have selected if you want to make it a Liquid Profile. That is the only interaction you can have with those ‘Models’.

what you are looking for is Rigs. The menu that fills the left side of Rig Manager is where all the lists are that you will audition and use.
there is a list of Rig Exchange, literally thousands of them. Those are on the internet.
There is the 50 spots in the Player itself.
There is/will be a list of all the ones you will be collecting from Rig Exchange or other users directly and keeping them on your computer called Local Library.
and you will discover the same Rig can be listed in more than one list! Right now you can search for one of the ones on your Player and you will get the results that show your Player and a result that shows it in Rig Exchange and maybe your Local Library for a third result.

There is a great search and filtering capability to use to help you find a particular real amps Profile / Rig. Or find everything uploaded that has a user name…or has the term Soldano in it etc etc

You need to stop thinking in terms of “model” as something you can go get, and install. Save that for modelers like Helix and Fractal etc. they create models of amps and that is what you use in that world.
In Kemper the universe they Profile amps and put them in Rigs (the signal chain from input to output just like Helix presets).
Other blocks are the effects before and after the Stack…the Stack being the amp profile and the cab profile.

You will find that learning these names for things is very helpful, both when getting help from those who know and speak Kemper but also as you look around Rig Manager because the instructions, labels etc are using those terms. For example there is a place where you might select to send the Stack output to DAW but send the complete Rig output to monitors. So you hear the effects you have after the Stack in your monitors but you are recording a more dry version so you can add reverb and delay in the mix later. Lots of cool routing available in the Kemper but if you are looking for other manufacturers labels you’ll have a hard time.

That is why you found the drop down list called ‘Amp Model‘confusing. Those of us who have been using Kemper for over a decade never saw anything called Amp Model until a month ago when it was included but only in the context of showing us where to select a MODEL of a TONE STACK for a Profiled amp in a Rig we had loaded.

A Rig that is loaded is noted by a headphone icon in left most column of Rig Manager…I say this because it is possible to be listening to a Rig but highlighting a different Rig to copy or just examine to see what’s in it…how a block is set up etc.

its a lot I know. You probably don’t recall how much learning Helix was, or Fractal or BOSS. Soon you’ll be zipping through Kemper too but first you walk then run.
Thank you, I'm getting there. I was able to find a load a Neve preamp amp profile into my Player for use in my acoustic rigs. No cab needed. Next will be bass amps and cabs.

I did do several backups locally and to USB sticks.

My worry is, what happens if a firmware update comes out. Will I lose all of this work?

Thanks again everyone!

Thank you, I'm getting there. I was able to find a load a Neve preamp amp profile into my Player for use in my acoustic rigs. No cab needed. Next will be bass amps and cabs.

I did do several backups locally and to USB sticks.

My worry is, what happens if a firmware update comes out. Will I lose all of this work?

Thanks again everyone!

You won’t lose anything during a firmware update and a firmware update won’t change the way any of your Rigs, Presets, etc. sound.

One thing to keep in mind though, if you save Amp blocks as presets and use them in new Rigs, the amp won’t sound exactly like the original Profiled amp if the Profile was created as a Studio Profile. It would need to be a Merged or Direct Profile.

A Studio Profile has the cab baked into the profile and while you can technically remove the amp, the amp will not sound exactly like it would in the original Profile.

Last edited:
One thought:

I think this Kemper Player is the first multieffetcs I'm aware of that features usb host capabilities... This means you can control almost any other multieffetcs that has usb via midi.

The interesting thing is... You can pair the Player with, say, a Zoom MS-70CDR or a G1Four, and have a bunch of additional effects controlled by preset (sending program change messages through USB).

The Zoom would not only be controlled by the midi usb, but also powered by the Kemper.

Additionally, you'd have a display (the one in the additional multieffetcs) showing the preset.

And this would work with any little multieffetcs with usb (except maybe the usb power, which zooms provide, but not all pedals do).

One thought:

I think this Kemper Player is the first multieffetcs I'm aware of that features usb host capabilities... This means you can control almost any other multieffetcs that has usb via midi.

The interesting thing is... You can pair the Player with, say, a Zoom MS-70CDR or a G1Four, and have a bunch of additional effects controlled by preset (sending program change messages through USB).

The Zoom would not only be controlled by the midi usb, but also powered by the Kemper.

Additionally, you'd have a display (the one in the additional multieffetcs) showing the preset.

And this would work with any little multieffetcs with usb (except maybe the usb power, which zooms provide, but not all pedals do).
I guess my only question would be why? If you purchase the player, and a pedal board, and a bunch of pedals, wouldn't you have been better off (money and space wise) to just get a full Kemper rack and foot controller (or Fractal)?

I just don't quite get why a high end multiprocessor would become the basis of a pedal board. Seems like you either have one good multiprocessor, or a pedal board as a solution. A combination just seems like all the disadvantages and none of the advantages of either.

Horses for courses though. Everyone's needs are different.

I think its a cool unit , and I know people are upset about it not having the Kemper drive, Pitch stuff , Delay and rev morphing or that stuff being added and paid updates later but at $699 ,I think Kemper placed it exactly where it needed to be

I just don't quite get why a high end multiprocessor would become the basis of a pedal board. Seems like you either have one good multiprocessor, or a pedal board as a solution. A combination just seems like all the disadvantages and none of the advantages of either.

Some people like analog-alike quick access (all-in-one modelers are extremely bad at that). I'm one of them, hence I'm running a hybrid pedalboard.

I guess my only question would be why? If you purchase the player, and a pedal board, and a bunch of pedals, wouldn't you have been better off (money and space wise) to just get a full Kemper rack and foot controller (or Fractal)?

Horses for courses though. Everyone's needs are different.
Well, a MS-70CDR is a little and cheap pedal, and it would be powered by the usb cable (you only add the pedal and a USB cable). I wouldn't call that a pedalboard in the sense you're describing.

This would still be a very little fly rig, plus you'd add more effects to the Player, and a display.

That was my thought.

Last edited:
Back