Soldano Astro 20 vs SLO 30

GuitarJon

Roadie
A couple of months ago I wouldn't believe you if you said I'd be comparing 2 Soldanos, but here we are! So I just wanted to put the Astro 20 up against the SLO 30 to see how they compare in terms of the tones. What are the similarities? How do they differ? Can the Astro 20 keep up with the SLO?

One thing is for sure, they don't sound the same. Both are excellent amps though and you can't go wrong with either imho.

A couple of months ago I wouldn't believe you if you said I'd be comparing 2 Soldanos, but here we are! So I just wanted to put the Astro 20 up against the SLO 30 to see how they compare in terms of the tones. What are the similarities? How do they differ? Can the Astro 20 keep up with the SLO?

One thing is for sure, they don't sound the same. Both are excellent amps though and you can't go wrong with either imho.

Both sound good
I notice a bit more chime or upper mid in the Astro
The SLO sounds a bit bigger
It could be down to the tubes as you mentioned the 6l6 having a bit more low low mid
Vs the chimey 6v6
The gain structure I think is 99% of the same

The darker more brooding clean tone is what I love about the SLO30 clean channel. The chime of the Astro clean takes me right out of the mood. :ROFLMAO:

Astro seems to just be more bright and refined in general. I thought it held its own with gain though. (y)

I favor the bigger booty on the SLO30 though…

Fuck You Bubble Butt GIF by Teyonahhh

Back