Pantera 2022

Royalties would be owed to Pantera for playing the music in a commercial setting.

The venue is pretty established so maybe they have a deal setup, not sure if they usually host cover music there though.

Those ASCAP/BMI fees are like under a grand a year, some are as cheap as a dollar a day, I’m not sure if taking an issue with 50% of Pantera not receiving their $0.75 payout is really worthwhile. Rita oversees Dime’s estate and Vinnie was still alive then, giving his blessing for all those Dimebashes, I can’t imagine he’d be too upset over not seeing his $0.25 from it.

And even then, I can’t think those are very accurate to actually get the money to the bands who wrote the songs being covered, I know I’ve never played anywhere where I was asked to provide the bar/venue with a copy of the setlist and who wrote the songs, so how does anyone even track that stuff?

Those ASCAP/BMI fees are like under a grand a year, some are as cheap as a dollar a day, I’m not sure if taking an issue with 50% of Pantera not receiving their $0.75 payout is really worthwhile. Rita oversees Dime’s estate and Vinnie was still alive then, giving his blessing for all those Dimebashes, I can’t imagine he’d be too upset over not seeing his $0.25 from it.

And even then, I can’t think those are very accurate to actually get the money to the bands who wrote the songs being covered, I know I’ve never played anywhere where I was asked to provide the bar/venue with a copy of the setlist and who wrote the songs, so how does anyone even track that stuff?
Yeah, it was just an off the cuff statement as Jive mentioned her possibly having an issue with the "new" Pantera.

I will say at the time I attended Dimebash it did feel like a cash grab by her. It was the way it was presented.

Some venues here will not even allow covers to be played.

It really is an odd thing though, both the backlash against Metallica and this right after; no one has to go see either band or buy the album, they don’t even have to listen to it for free, but instead of just not participating, there’s some need or desire to sh*t all over it as if sh*tting all over something provides some kind of merit or ‘I’m better than you people who think that’s ok’ aspect. I do not believe these kinds of people are making the world a better place.

Yup. Preach, Brother!!

And put this all in the context of guitar-driven rock music being on life support for the past couple
of decades. geesh! So much for being a supportive ally of the community of musicians. :facepalm

Let's not all just shit on the shitters, though!!!! :LOL:

Saw this on my fb feed scroll and immediately thought of this thread.

Don't care where you land on this discussion; this is some funny sh!t :rofl
shsI5WH.jpg

Grady, Dime’s former tech, invited this woman to the show after seeing one of her vids. I just saw her tearing up the “Domination” solo for the first time Friday night, funny enough. You get to see Grady running the effects/gate on Zakk’s rig like he used to with Dime. I didn’t realize he was as interactive with Zakk’s rig as he was with Dime, definitely doesn’t sound like he’s running the gate as hard. Cool footage, though!

Damn, apparently Phil told her she was on the list of potential guitarists. She can definitely pull it off!

Grady, Dime’s former tech, invited this woman to the show after seeing one of her vids. I just saw her tearing up the “Domination” solo for the first time Friday night, funny enough. You get to see Grady running the effects/gate on Zakk’s rig like he used to with Dime. I didn’t realize he was as interactive with Zakk’s rig as he was with Dime, definitely doesn’t sound like he’s running the gate as hard. Cool footage, though!

Damn, apparently Phil told her she was on the list of potential guitarists. She can definitely pull it off!

It’s Monday morning, and I haven’t had my second cup of coffee, but the second that breakdown started after the solo, it still made me want to get up, dive out a window, and go full berserker mode. :ROFLMAO:

The end of Domination will always be one of the sickest outros in metal. :satan

Funny story. Grady was in a band back in the 80s called Kat Daquiri with a good drummer friend of mine. They toured with Pantera back before they got heavy. Small world indeed. My other friend (who is in a band with this same drummer and who's teleprompter I fixed over the weekend) went and saw Pantera late last week(?) in Dallas Cowboys stadium and said they were great. Which is good to hear, certainly.

The shows they opened for Metallica sounded a lot thinner in the guitar tone. /could have been the iphone footage or were they using Metallica's Fractals? Since the stage/pa is set up for modelers I would assume so?

The shows they opened for Metallica sounded a lot thinner in the guitar tone. /could have been the iphone footage or were they using Metallica's Fractals? Since the stage/pa is set up for modelers I would assume so?

Man, you can watch 500 videos from the same show and hear 500 different concerts. :rofl Some audio “engineer” Youtuber recently caught 2 shows, had a horrible first night and a great 2nd night due to the sound.

Zakk’s using his own shit, it’s just the size of the stadiums they’re playing it’s hit or miss what kind of sound you’ll end up hearing. Ridiculous PA, probably one of the more expensive systems to ever tour, but it means shit when everything is just bouncing off stadium walls. Saw some vids where the drums sounded like they were going through a delay pedal.

No clue what to expect for the Foxboro show, that stadium is fucking HUGE but is also pretty open with smaller walls at the end zones. I’ll most likely be too hammered to remember anyway.

I had the S-type body version of that Kramer in 89-90 - same version of Black.

Man, you can watch 500 videos from the same show and hear 500 different concerts. :rofl Some audio “engineer” Youtuber recently caught 2 shows, had a horrible first night and a great 2nd night due to the sound.

Zakk’s using his own shit, it’s just the size of the stadiums they’re playing it’s hit or miss what kind of sound you’ll end up hearing. Ridiculous PA, probably one of the more expensive systems to ever tour, but it means shit when everything is just bouncing off stadium walls. Saw some vids where the drums sounded like they were going through a delay pedal.

No clue what to expect for the Foxboro show, that stadium is fucking HUGE but is also pretty open with smaller walls at the end zones. I’ll most likely be too hammered to remember anyway.

Yup. Stadium sound is seldom if ever ideal...... borderline..... or passable seems like the best one
can hope for. Just too many variables.... including relative humidity. :LOL:

Theater sound is always best, to my ears. 1,000 seat bars are great, too---so long as the ceiling is not too low.

Stadiums are mostly about the spectacle. No audiophiles allowed! :LOL:

I had no idea that he even did that. That’s very impressive. No doubt that he’s an official band member.

For sure. While Dime played everything note for note more consistently than I’ve even see Vai or Petrucci perform, he threw in all kinds of random shit live getting from section to section of a song, a divebomb, a pull up with a harmonic, a pinch harmonic, pretty much everything Grady had to be working the gate for, so he was always on his toes. If you watch listen to enough bootlegs you can tell when Grady is working the Whammy, Dime would do certain things between sections when he was using it, but did different shit when he wasn’t, so sometimes you’ll hear the Whammy start going up in pitch just to shut off really quick as Grady realizes Dime’s changing it up.

You see some of it in the home videos but all the crazy shit they got up to was the bigger focus. Those vids never get old.

Back