Sleep Token

Maybe I need to revisit these guys. Listened to a couple songs a while back and thought it was super mid, but trap djent sounds cool to me

I ended up getting a bunch of friends into this band. I had like 2 weeks I couldn’t stop listening to them. Gonna wait until I have some cocktails this weekend to listen to this newer one, they tend to be pretty good for sexy time.

I think some of this stuff is growing on me? Still not sure if I like it or not :rofl

The half of it that sounds like it should be on a Twlight soundtrack I’m not a fan of. The other half is awesome. :ROFLMAO: This band is perfect for a selective playlist.

My 10yo son loves the new album, so they get a lot of points from me for that. There is hope yet for the next generation. :ROFLMAO:

The half of it that sounds like it should be on a Twlight soundtrack I’m not a fan of. The other half is awesome. :ROFLMAO: This band is perfect for a selective playlist.

My 10yo son loves the new album, so they get a lot of points from me for that. There is hope yet for the next generation. :ROFLMAO:

I think I actually like some of the twilight soundtrack stuff :bag

I think I actually like some of the twilight soundtrack stuff :bag

Haha. I dig most of their trap djent stuff. Its the more Metal-50 Shades of Grey-Core stuff I find hit or miss.

I kinda want to see these dudes live, but I’m reallllllly worried it may end up being a Metal Kings of Leon Nickelodeon Sing Along event for the chicks, for some of the songs at least. :rofl They need to stick to a set list I create.:ROFLMAO:

Haha. I dig most of their trap djent stuff. Its the more Metal-50 Shades of Grey-Core stuff I find hit or miss.

I kinda want to see these dudes live, but I’m reallllllly worried it may end up being a Metal Kings of Leon Nickelodeon Sing Along event for the chicks, for some of the songs at least. :rofl They need to stick to a set list I create.:ROFLMAO:

I watched a live video of something and their seemed to be an obnoxious amount of crowd singing along lol...

They're playing here in the fall but I think it's already sold out

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a mixed crowd at their shows. The younger generations seems to be all about mixing things up without the gatekeeping. Hell, there’s mixed crowds at Polyphia shows which wouldn’t have happened 20 years ago! One of my friends is hooked on them after playing them for her, she tells me about new songs from them before I even know about them.

i prefer Ghost to Sleep Token by about... I dunno... a million of whatever metric you wanna use.
Meh… the satanic 70’s-80’s vibe is way overplayed. I find nothing original about Ghost and think their schtick is quite boring.

Meh… the satanic 70’s-80’s vibe is way overplayed. I find nothing original about Ghost and think their schtick is quite boring.

Aside from disliking the music and the gimmicks, I think what also really turned me off was years back when Misha Mansoor said he liked them and suddenly there’s an army of annoying periphery/Djent kids saying they’re the greatest band ever and expressing hyperbolic fanboyism. Weird and cringe

OMINOUSER.
scooby doo running GIF by Boomerang Official

FWIW; I'd rather have satan schtick than schtick from the "other guy" :bag :sofa¯\_(ツ)_/¯:satan

REAL SATAN OR GTFO
Acknowledging that I've heard all of 5 minutes of the stuff, Sleep Token and Ghost both put me... well... to sleep. The production is crazy slick, but it all sounds like something an AI program generated, having been fed a stream of music from 5 years prior. :idk

Get off my lawn, etc.

Last edited:
Back