Sleep Token

Whizzinby

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Some of their songs would fit in well on a Twilight soundtrack. (Most of them tbh)

Then there is the epic shit, that is about as good as any heavy music made…

I have heard these guys name a few times as of late. Today was my first time hearing them on Sirius. Did some investigative journalism and it was this track

Some cool grooves and they seem to do that new modern "metal" thing where you are super ecelectic instead of being hyper brutal to the point of being idiotic. Not too bad? I dig the chug groove. Sort of a synthwave, electro groove metal with overwrought vocals and a Tool back tattoo (callback to La Szum earlier).

Here's one band Sirius were pushing a while back. I dig the shit out of this song but haven't really investigated beyond this one. It's super polished but I think it's catchy and has some oomph to it while being slick and very produced.

I have heard these guys name a few times as of late. Today was my first time hearing them on Sirius. Did some investigative journalism and it was this track

Some cool grooves and they seem to do that new modern "metal" thing where you are super ecelectic instead of being hyper brutal to the point of being idiotic. Not too bad? I dig the chug groove. Sort of a synthwave, electro groove metal with overwrought vocals and a Tool back tattoo (callback to La Szum earlier).

They actually weren’t a heavy band originally, or not to the extent they’ve leaned into it lately. I think they realized over time the heavy stuff was what was going to resonate most.

They are just weird because on one hand you have some metal version of Kings of Leon with singalongs for chicks, but on the other, some really brilliant and powerful music. (The vocalist is a truly great lyricist, or at least is great on the topic of whatever chick that he keeps singing about on every song :ROFLMAO: )

They actually weren’t a heavy band originally, or not to the extent they’ve leaned into it lately. I think they realized over time the heavy stuff was what was going to resonate most.

They are just weird because on one hand you have some metal version of Kings of Leon with singalongs for chicks, but on the other, some really brilliant and powerful music. (The vocalist is a truly great lyricist, or at least is great on the topic of whatever chick that he keeps singing about on every song :ROFLMAO: )
100% on the Kings of Leon reference :rofl

I watched this one first cuz the lasers in the thumbnail, those will get me every time. I actually really dig this. Vocals get on a Tears For Fears vibe at times. I don't dig a ton of this newer djenty stuff but this is cool. Love all the synths.

Edit- Just got to the R&B/soul section. Sometimes things like this would be better served in their own song. When it's so far out of left field at the end of a song that already established itself it just feels jammed together. Still cool though.

I watched this one first cuz the lasers in the thumbnail, those will get me every time. I actually really dig this. Vocals get on a Tears For Fears vibe at times. I don't dig a ton of this newer djenty stuff but this is cool. Love all the synths.

Edit- Just got to the R&B/soul section. Sometimes things like this would be better served in their own song. When it's so far out of left field at the end of a song that already established itself it just feels jammed together. Still cool though.

Higher is a good example of what they are capable of.

Alkaline too.

They have some other unique stuff like Atlantic.

You just have to be careful avoiding the Girl Scout campfire stuff.

^This band has money behind them. I like it. I'm either completely removed from things at this point or they popped out of nowhere pretty much fully formed :unsure:

^This band has money behind them. I like it. I'm either completely removed from things at this point or they popped out of nowhere pretty much fully formed :unsure:

They’ve been around for 5-6 years. Popped on my radar a few years ago when The Offering got released.

Ughhhh... can't stand the vocals. I don't know if it is meant to sound like Adele mangled through a T-Payne filter, but it does. Extremely generic low-tuned riffs can't save it!

Im gonna guess you dig the new Trap Djent single. :ROFLMAO:

I sorta dig this one lol

Im gonna guess you dig the new Trap Djent single. :ROFLMAO:

I sorta dig this one lol

I like it when it goes "heavy" but it's a struggle for a lot of it. Too much trap djent

trap music GIF

I said it in another thread but I woke up to one of their vids last night and ended up staying awake watching everything. I really dig these guys, look like they put on a good show as well. Definitely interested to check out more. From what I read it seems to have started as a 2-man band thing and they’ve added people on over time.

Saw this and thought of this thread

Heading back to my Ghost thread now
:rollsafe:rofl

i prefer Ghost to Sleep Token by about... I dunno... a million of whatever metric you wanna use.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Like... Imagine naming your band Sleep Token and not finding it ironic that your music is BORING AS FUCKING SHIT ON A DOOR IN THE TOWN SQUARE OF HARTLEPOOL!

Back