Sick of viral and exaggerated clickbait titles

I have called Rhett Schull out multiple times for his clickbait bullshit
Rhett Schull uses Clickbait ???

dedikodu-gossip.gif

:D

I used to work as a consultant for a company that analyzed mobile games so I saw a lot of them in their data views. I always laughed at how many of those had this sort of face as its logo after Clash of Clans started doing it.

Clash_Royale.png

YouTube is pretty much the same. The creators have figured out some stupid human psychology:
  1. Add a controversial title and more people will watch your video.
  2. Add a human face with a stupid expression and more people will watch your video.
When even the largest channels do it, the smaller ones just follow.

People say it's "for the YT algorithm" but I don't think that is the case. It might have been at some point that the algorithms favored videos with faces in the thumbnail and a length > 10 minutes. The length thing led to videos where people just say the same thing over and over again in different ways to pad the length.

I have called Rhett Schull out multiple times for his clickbait bullshit in his video comments. In some cases he has changed the title but he's still doing it.

Honestly especially the larger channels should put their foot down and just say no to this bullshit.

YES!!!!

I haven’t believed the “its the algorithm” thing as long as I’ve been hearing it and have said multiple times, “That would most likely mean someone actually said ‘Set the algorithm to promote videos with people’s mouths hanging open”, I can’t think of any other words to use for that that would make it sound less stupid. It’s like the new “supply chain issues” excuse that is all too easy to toss out there because no one can really argue it.

Gotta love what EytschPi42 says at 5:48. With all his peculiarities, quite often he really hits the nail right into the skull :D

Last edited:
Gotta love what EytschPi42 says at 5:48. With all his peculiarities, quite often he really hits the nail right into the skull :D

I don't get it.

He makes a claim, then doesn't follow it through with anything even remotely looking like evidence?

I don't know if you game, but the Youtuber JuiceHead does this all the time. He does a video "This thing will make game XYZ so different" and the thumbnail is some heavily modded female character scarcely clothed. I may or may not have clicked on that more than once...

Back