Sick of viral and exaggerated clickbait titles

Making thumbnails and coming up with titles for youtube videos is my least favourite part of the process. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.
You are the best. You are always honest, and it really feels like listening to a good friend, not a cars seller or a Jehova's Witness

However, there is one thing that got me confused. Since English is not my first language, how shall I pronounce "beta"?????? :wat

Season 3 Episode 23 GIF by The Simpsons

He's being normalized and legitimized over time, though. Premier Guitar picked
up his podcast and now it is part of their media endeavours.

And if you want to ask a question it is gonna cost you a 20 spot. :idk

My question, "Does shaking the guitar neck really result in better tone?

We all know the answer is unequivocally, "Yes!"

He's being normalized and legitimized over time, though. Premier Guitar picked
up his podcast and now it is part of their media endeavours.

And if you want to ask a question it is gonna cost you a 20 spot. :idk

My question, "Does shaking the guitar neck really result in better tone?

We all know the answer is unequivocally, "Yes!"
"I bought a $600 custom hat for my jugband's video!"

"Oh yeah; fuzz pedals!"

Youtube is mostly shit. I installed the BlockTube extension and even after blocking all popular channels it's still hard to find decent videos from normal people.

Cartman on Southpark once said in an episode to some band that was playing in a garage
"ughhh oh man you guys suck"
:grin

My news-feed is now plagued with YouTubers with an open mouth at their thumbnail. Are they waiting for a BJ?

suck my dick GIF

There is Spanish idiom: "En boca cerrada no entran moscas" (flies do not enter in closed mouth), used when a kid is eating with his mouth open:rofl

Last edited:
I used to work as a consultant for a company that analyzed mobile games so I saw a lot of them in their data views. I always laughed at how many of those had this sort of face as its logo after Clash of Clans started doing it.

Clash_Royale.png

YouTube is pretty much the same. The creators have figured out some stupid human psychology:
  1. Add a controversial title and more people will watch your video.
  2. Add a human face with a stupid expression and more people will watch your video.
When even the largest channels do it, the smaller ones just follow.

People say it's "for the YT algorithm" but I don't think that is the case. It might have been at some point that the algorithms favored videos with faces in the thumbnail and a length > 10 minutes. The length thing led to videos where people just say the same thing over and over again in different ways to pad the length.

I have called Rhett Schull out multiple times for his clickbait bullshit in his video comments. In some cases he has changed the title but he's still doing it.

Honestly especially the larger channels should put their foot down and just say no to this bullshit.

Back