Shenanigans Local #666 -- You Paid Your Dues, Now Kick Off Them Shoes!

Well, your fancy computer system should've picked up on that fact, once the delivery time kept getting pushed back. Or I suppose none of the nerds who wrote the code thought of that, huh??

Working in IT, I can confirm that many things are poorly planned by businesses with a very limited scope of operations and little thought to "what if something goes wrong or does not fit the pre-planned process?" Many developers build to spec, and are afraid to suggest things or just don't think beyond the requirement in front of them. Work is done "Agile" in a firehose of little chunks that are mostly disconnected from the big picture, and business abuses the Agile methodology to push blame for any issues related to their poor planning and total lack of understanding of technology downward onto the people doing the work, and to make double, triple, and even quadruple the work out of tasks by having to jump around so much to pivot to the C Suite's latest whims....

Also, automated phone answering systems are the complete abandonment of customer service - doubly so when the person you finally reach on the other end speaks English so poorly that you can't understand them....

If I hit the lottery....

Last edited:
Im having hot dogs tonight, top slit rolls
yes-girl.gif

Back