Robert Plant performs Stairway To Heaven and other material

Moondog Wily

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
For the first time since 2006, Robert Plant performed Stairway to Heaven and other material at a cancer awareness benefit concert. This is a Facebook link, so some may not be able to see it, but I am sure it will make it's way to youtube if it has not already! Check it out!! Mr. Plant comes on stage around the 43 minute mark!!!

Found some more info:

Robert Plant performed “Stairway To Heaven” at a charity concert in the UK on October 21, the first time he has performed the song solo and the first time he performed the song since the Led Zeppelin reunion performance on December 10, 2007.

Plant performed as part of a one-off band set up for The Concert Platform, a cancer awareness fundraising event set up by Duran Duran member Andy Taylor, who is recovering from stage IV cancer.

The band performed at Soho Farmhouse in the UK, and a clip of the performance posted to Instagram shows Plant singing “Stairway To Heaven”.

Band members who performed alongside Plant at the event included Taylor, Rod Stewart’s drummer David Palmer, bass player Guy Pratt, former Reef guitarist Kenwyn House, Taylor’s son Andrew, singer Anne Rani and Dino Jelusick.

I thought he did good, all things considered. That ramp down after the solo was tough but understandable given the passageoftime.

As overplayed as the original is; that solo section on is just beyond reproach. Hits me just right, even after the millionth time :chef

Back