RIP James Tyler

norminal

Rock Star
Via the James Tyler Guitars Instagram:

1725074214270.jpeg

1725074233699.jpeg

RIP

I still play my jtv59 a ton. It's almost always hooked up to the variax cat5 plug, super low noise floor, super comfy guitar.

A couple years ago I installed a pair of Seymour Duncan triple shots and now I can get funky with the mag pickups as well as the modeled stuff. Helix also has discrete routing for the variax outputs, which is teh sweet

If you look close, you can see "Tyler" on the bridge
Resized_20220819_154448.jpeg

Damn, that's sad. RIP.

Never played a Tyler but always heard great things on the quality.

That's a bummer, for sure.

I've probably told this story before, but I used to bust balls about that headstock nonstop at HRI. When I went out to NAMM I met up with a bunch of the HRI guys, one being McShred (dude who 'leaked' the TMP at TOP, can't remember his name here) who had a few Tylers I played at his house. About 10 seconds after i had it one in my hands I said "Yeah, he can make the headstocks however the fuck he wants and I'm not gonna talk quite as much shit anymore"

Imagine if that Ibanez or PRS headstock had the label plastered all over it. I don't mind the thumb shape that much, just the repeated name.

It reminds me of basic bitch clothes designs that say e.g Calvin Klein all over something.

Difference being he was an individual, not a company.
From what I'd read his sense of humor was such he wanted to make sure everyone realized that fact. :LOL:

Fantastic guitars .
View attachment 27611
View attachment 27612
Like the best old Strat combined with your favourite slippers. RIP James.
Had a hollow Burning Water, and a hollow Studio Elite but my fave was his Tele with the Firebird pup in the neck.

That started me on all my Teles having a firebird pup in the neck.

Plus a pre-production JTV59 and a regular JTV59

Back