REVV amps opinions

One of the mightiest amplifiers ever created.
That is one bad bitch right there.
UNREAL depth(harmonically)
those negative feedback controls,
I labeled: “Superman Changing Station”,
-you can go from Sepultura to Band of Gypsy’s in a few notches with those three adjusters.’
The meanest neck pickup-up SRV get-up.
P90’s roar with the Clean channel dimed & with the boost(s) engaged.
In that price range of amplifiers:
- it’s the gold leader, the best amp on the market.
How much better does it need to freakin’ be?
The player takes it from there.
Cheers for YEARS!!

Seriously, with that amp.. you can resurrect
some Albert Collins💯
(This song is a good portion of the story
of my life🎯)
& this song taught me to learn licks that
help with pain..

-you can go from Sepultura to Band of Gypsy’s in a few notches with those three adjusters.’
Cheers for YEARS!!

some Albert Collins💯
of my life🎯)
help with pain..

That amp slys for sure, but peasant like me cant afford it :sofa. I'm destined to play budget gear hahahaha :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:guiness

Cheers for YEARS!!

some Albert Collins💯
of my life🎯)
help with pain..

That particular model is much different then the other squad of M’Zero’s.
For me, I never went after the Slo’ sound by nature with that amp, ever.
-it pulled me high gain Marshall, upper punch
with a meaty bite, even at a certain setting,
what the Cameron CCV shoulda’ been.
The effects loop in the Steckel also
is good & powerful.
With the amount of gain that amplifier has,
it’s amazing how well the effects loop works when
your crankin’ that high of gain.
SICK amp man.

You know, I never really thought about this, but the more I do, the more it makes sense for my amp history. My favorite amps over time have been:

1. Various Riveras
2. Various Peaveys
3. Various H&Ks
3. Traynor YCS50
4. Tech 21 Trademark 60

I also never got into modeling to have "an exact replica of that amp", it's always been about the convenience, and having different sounds and effects in one box.

So I guess "my tone" is a "neutral tone" :eek: :rofl

those trademarks are highly underrated. ive wanted a S or M100 rivera for ever and just never pulled the trigger on one, its on the list though. thats probably why i should get into modeling, to get amps like Rivera's and H&K's and other amps i dont have or at least to give them a test run

those trademarks are highly underrated. ive wanted a S or M100 rivera for ever and just never pulled the trigger on one, its on the list though. thats probably why i should get into modeling, to get amps like Rivera's and H&K's and other amps i dont have or at least to give them a test run
Well, therein lies the problem, and probably why, even though I've had and still have modelers, I haven't used them, (as tone generators), much over the years. The amps you mentioned, (that I also like), don't get modeled. I just checked the FAS list and I know HX, there are no H&K's or Peavey Classics/JSX's, or Riveras in them, and I totally get why.

I think I have always been searching for MY tone, that sounds like it could have come from, or started out as _____________.

Honestly, "my" tone, in a modeler would probably be closer to a Line 6 or Fractal original model than anything else. I did enjoy the Cameron Atomica in my friend's AFX III when I tried it :love

Well, therein lies the problem, and probably why, even though I've had and still have modelers, I haven't used them, (as tone generators), much over the years. The amps you mentioned, (that I also like), don't get modeled. I just checked the FAS list and I know HX, there are no H&K's or Peavey Classics/JSX's, or Riveras in them, and I totally get why.

I think I have always been searching for MY tone, that sounds like it could have come from, or started out as _____________.

Honestly, "my" tone, in a modeler would probably be closer to a Line 6 or Fractal original model than anything else. I did enjoy the Cameron Atomica in my friend's AFX III when I tried it :love

I’ve heard a few killer clips of that atomica model, it sounds just like my Cameron mig100, actually made me feel good knowing if my amp ever blows there’s a great model of it. I was thinking of getting a kemper just to model that and a couple of my other amps

actually the HK is basically and SLO gain circuit but the tone stack is more Jcm800 , that was the Triamp , they changed it on the MK3
but the MK 1 and 2 were based on that circuit .

Back