[Red Sound MF10s] Look what happened while waiting for the MB Mark VII to arrive...

gearJunkie

Shredder
PXL_20230502_154034995.jpg

Now I have to decide if I want to demo them first through the AxeFX3 or Helix.

{edited click-bait title}

Last edited:
Lunch break is over so I have to get back to work, but a few impressions after the first play through the fractal...

1) They sound massive (compared to the Pc212). Probably due to the physical separation distance of a couple of meters instead of a few centimeters.

2) Lacks the high frequency sparkle of the Pc212, but I believe that has more to do with positioning within the room. I also use the Pc212 in the tilted-back position, beaming at my head, where the slight slant of the MF10s has them beaming at my thighs.

3) Tons of low frequency fullness. Not very well balanced with upper frequencies. Again, this is most likely a result of placement in the room
and ground coupling.

4) I need to retrain my brain to listen when monitoring through something other than the PowerCab. 💯
5) I need to do some rearranging in my music space to minimize placement issues before digging into any real evaluation.

6) I'm still grinning ear-to-ear 😁

More to come ...

{edited for spelling / grammar}

Last edited:
Lacks the high frequency sparkle of the Pc212, but I believe that has more to do with positioning within the room. I use the Pc212 on the tilted-back position, beaming at my head, where the slight slant in the MF10s has them beaming at my thighs.
Is it one of their "GRFR" cabs? If so, no high end sparkle makes sense..

Lunch break is over so I have to get back to work, but a few impressions after the first play through the fractal...

1) They sound massive (compared to the Pc212). Probably due to the physical separation distance of a couple of meters instead of a few centimeters.

2) Lacks the high frequency sparkle of the Pc212, but I believe that has more to do with positioning within the room. I also use the Pc212 in the tilted-back position, beaming at my head, where the slight slant of the MF10s has them beaming at my thighs.

3) Tons of low frequency fullness. Not very well balanced with upper frequencies. Again, this is most likely a result of placement in the room
and ground coupling.

4) I need to retrain my brain to listen when monitoring through something other than the PowerCab. 💯
5) I need to do some rearranging in my music space to minimize placement issues before digging into any real evaluation.

6) I'm still grinning ear-to-ear 😁

More to come ...

{edited for spelling / grammar}
My power cabs (112's) are in each corner with makeshift lifts so i get the sweet-spot right where I sit, but you are correct placement and optimization makes a world of difference
I cant say it enough how im super happy with them, especially though my FM9, yes i did notice a big difference in them when i was A/B'ing the FM9 and the Helix

A quick update with a few more observations...

Fresh strings make a big difference :facepalm

Listened to a variety of music through the MF10s while eating dinner, and it all sounded fantastic. Tool, SRV, acid jazz, Billie Ellish, Van Halen - all translated very well.

These things really open up at volume.

More to come...

Back