Recommendations for file sharing service between bandmates?

I use Google Drive and Dropbox. Show me on the doll where I'm touching wrong.
Google's privacy policies are - less than desirable. As for Dropbox we have all sorts of issues with it syncing files, particularly anything larger than an average MP3 files. And, from the first day I subscribed to it it's been hitting me with "You're almost out of space" ads. That started before I'd uploaded anything at all. Your doll may like being touched there though, so YMMV. 🤣

Looking for a better option to share DAW projects etc. between bandmates.

Currently have a Dropbox account which leaves a lot to be desired.

Not overly interested in a Google product or anything along those lines of “free” but for a price services.

TIA

What's up with dropbox?

I've been working with dropbox daily for the last 10 years or so, sharing protools sessions with my studio partner and our collaborators, with no major issues.
All our work stays in dropbox, we use the 2Tb plan (and keep it clean!), me, my partner and our main collaborator live in 3 different cities and work flawlessy everyday.

Our typical protools session is in the 8/20 Gb range.

What's up with dropbox?
Not 100% sure what the root cause is, but it has fits when we try to upload anything larger than a standard song-lenth wav file.

Files will show they’ve uploaded on the uploader’s end, but then never show for the other people. Often times when trying to upload anything larger than the aforementioned wav file, it freezes/locks up. Tried leaving it for hours at a time, no difference. We all have the top high-speed internet options available here (granted the Twin Cities are trapped in ‘decade behind the rest of the world’ Xfinity strangehold - but don’t have issues with any other apps/sites/streaming/etc.).

Back