PT V2 H, Two Notes Revolt, and X-Space ha llegado. Todo hoy!

Really interested in hearing more about that Revolt.

EDIT: Only just realised what you meant by "PT V2", which embarrassing, because this household was considering a purchase recently. Interested in that too!

Last edited:
First thoughts on the PT. Brighter than expected. Wish it had a presence.

Best tones so far includes using all of the new options (Sat and Fat on). Setting gain structure on high or medium. Set Bass at 9-10, Mids at 5-6 and Treble at 4-5. OverallI prefer the JJ Jr. on high gain stuff and obviously clean. I think the PT gets close in the high gain stuff but would likely shine for low to mid gain Marshall aficionados… Plexi and JCM800 fans. With likely no need for a booster or cranking. Cool amp. Not sure yet whether it stays in the stable.

Revolt thoughts. Using analog cab sim in to headphones with no effects.

American Clean - stunningly good. Kickass Fender

British Crunch - solid Marshall Plexi home plate to use with or without the boost

Modern Lead - also stunningly good. Like a mix between Soldano and Mesa.

Next step is to pair with the Cab M+.

I like how the Revolt kicks aside the AC channel on the Iridium for a high gain channel and boost on the Plexi.

I think the PT gets close in the high gain stuff but would likely shine for low to mid gain Marshall aficionados… Plexi and JCM800 fans.
Damnit, shouldn't have read this. I came very close to ordering one of these but I really don't need it. Your description confirms that it could be right up my street (ooh-er). :wat

I’ve seen some feedback that the Revolt clean channel is underwhelming and has to be used with the onboard boost engaged at all times. They may be mouth breathers though.

Well fickle beyatch Ithat I am, I felt the PT V2 fell short in what I’d hoped to achieve. Not bad at all just a little more raw than I’d hoped for. Not as much feel or compression. The JJ is more refined and smoother. And sags nicely. Sent a message to Dave asking if the Runt 20 might be a better fit. These are just my preferences, others might be different. We’ll see what he says…

Response from Dave so far: Yeah if its a new Runt 20.. I had made some improvements.. I could always sell you a new one..

Responded by asking the best way to know how it’s a new one and options on how to obtain One.

Followup on the PT V2 test drive. It does well on low, mid and pretty high end gain. But it seems to lean toward Marshall on the high frequency content. Great for live use but a bit much for home alone bedroom use for me. A problem my ears have struggled with.

The EVH LBX does a better job for me in that regard perhaps because of the resonance and presence controls. Putting a 5871 preamp tube in V3 helped a bunch as well. Perhaps the new Runt 20 will close the loop for me. Running down a dream…

Followup on the PT V2 test drive. It does well on low, mid and pretty high end gain. But it seems to lean toward Marshall on the high frequency content. Great for live use but a bit much for home alone bedroom use for me. A problem my ears have struggled with.
Get friendly with your guitar tone pot. I find that to be key for any Marshall style amp with a big bright cap.

British Crunch - solid Marshall Plexi home plate to use with or without the boost

Will Smith Reaction GIF

I’m thinking a board with the Revolt, X-Space, X-Time and X-Vibe is going to cover a LOT of ground.

A catch all so my fancy stuff can stay pristine. Just waiting on the Vibe.

Second round of playtime and the Revolt is legit. Makes me wish it had been out when I went back and forth on the Iridium 3 or 4X. I so wanted the Iridium to live up to my needs. It’s a beautiful unit with a great concept behind it.

If anything deserves a V2, it’s the Iridium. Add high gain or on-board boost, aux-in, sound gate and FX loop like the Nux Amp Academy and profit.

Do you have means of doing clips?

Back