PT V2 H, Two Notes Revolt, and X-Space ha llegado. Todo hoy!

Blackstar is Whackstar, Son!

Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

BTW, if you choose to audition the Blackstar Dept. 10 drive pedals, I recommend the Dual Drive over the Dual Distortion. It’s more versatile and can still cover high gain. The Dual Dist. adds an OD2 on top of what the Dual Drive offers and it’s boosted Diezel territory. So unless you need that, enjoy the niceties of “Clean“, Crunch, Super Crunch and OD1 and save some dough.

I really wish a heavy hitter nay-sayer here would actually give the Dual Drive and software a go and offer their opinion. Could be returned if need be.

Last edited:
BTW, if you choose to audition the Blackstar Dept. 10 drive pedals, I recommend the Dual Drive over the Dual Distortion. It’s more versatile and can still cover high gain. The Dual Dist. adds an OD2 on top of what the Dual Drive offers and it’s boosted Diezel territory. So unless you need that, enjoy the niceties of “Clean“, Crunch, Super Crunch and OD1 and save some dough.

I really wish a heavy hitter nay-sayer here would actually give the Dual Drive and software a go and offer their opinion. Could returned if need be.
I forgot about those.

BRB, going down the "I don't need it, but I'm still going to research it" rabbit hole :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: JT
Decided to add a Dept 10 Boost for use with the Dual Drive. $349 total covers everything the Revolt offers and much more. It’s on the way!

Gonna try the Blackstar Dept 10 Boost into the Friedman Head.

I have expectations… do you?
I'd give the Dept 10 a go if it was just their modeling and not a pedalboard amp. Not big on that form factor. If I typed this already; apologies. I am bitching about Blackstar in a few threads :sofa:rofl

I'd give the Dept 10 a go if it was just their modeling and not a pedalboard amp. Not big on that form factor. If I typed this already; apologies. I am bitching about Blackstar in a few threads :sofa:rofl
The Dept. 10 Boost is a different form factor from the larger Dual Drive/Dist pedals (much smaller/typical) and no digital/app interface so not sure what to say to that JT. Not an amp, just a tube two stage boost with active EQ.

Maybe back away from the anti-BS threads and try a recent product offering. I think the Dept. 10 Dual Drive while engaging the software options might answer quickly as to whether this approach works for you. I recommend headphones or studio monitors… that eliminates or reduces cab or speaker coloration and allows you to hear what the core sound is all about. Add some presence or EQ if you wanna go live or though your Fender combo powered speaker solution. $199 to come to the dark side JT.

DO IT.

Last edited:
Just their modeling of what exactly? The Drives, the Speakers, the mic’s? Minus the amp?

It offers Cab Rig output… headphones or direct in with selectable speakers, mics, axis, amps, EQ, tube type, resonance and presence... or flip over to a regular output like a pedal or preamp. JT, what are they missing here?

Back