PT V2 H, Two Notes Revolt, and X-Space ha llegado. Todo hoy!

I think you just play one at a time; putting one on top of another doesn’t net any gains, really.

I Hate You GIF by Travis

I appreciate the support from the “heavies” very much! How ironic that the Friedman arrives tomorrow. Karma.

I appreciate the support from the “heavies” very much! How ironic that the Friedman arrives tomorrow. Karma.
Friedman arrives tomorrow due to delay (thanks FedEx) and house is looking up. Headache (with a drink or two) is starting to fade.

Hate to hear that man.
Round two with the Revolt. No ambience straight into studio Yamaha headphones and monitors.
Solid sound on all channels. I still think it could benefit with a global resonance and presence and IR’s. Cab M+ might give this.

It’s a solid unit. At this price it needs what I have mentioned. At $299 it would be a steal.

Round three with the revolt. Volume on each channel acts like a tube amp volume instead of just level matching. So each channel get juicier as you crank them, especially past noon. Most noticeable on clean channel of course. Realizing this changes the ball game quite a bit. Perhaps the manual covers this LOL.

Regarding my wish for resonance and presence, perhaps they could cover some similar ground by adding a third position to the on/off cab switch that offers on or off axis and one additional three way switch nearby (there’s room easily) that offers 1x12, 2x12, 4x12. And a final two way switch, open or closed back. Seems doable on the mentioned panel and cost wise.

The base tones are solid and my favorite channel is clean which is very odd for me. Perhaps a Source Audio EQ2 in the loop could accomplish some of the same things (and add a noise gate!) but at $400 already for the revolt that sounds like an expensive solution that ought to be accomplished right out of the box without an additional investment.

It seems very quiet, even on gain channels… Very nice in that regard. Each foot switch engages the clean, british crunch and modern channel and an additional push on the active channel engages the adjustable boost. Pushing another channel foot switch at anytime engages that channel without boost. I personally believe that the perfect approach as it opens up a ”double tap” for channel switching with boost remaining on.

We are spoiled I reckon.

Round four. Revolt dialed in and compared directly to Blackstar Dept. 10 dual drive.

No competition IMO. The Backstar kills it on tone, ambience options, cabinet choice, power amp tube choices, presence and resonance adjustment as well as mic and EQ choices.The only thing that I see it lacks is a foot switchable boost which might be done with a $50 pedal. Basically for $499 you could get the Blackstar Dual Drive and Dual Distortion for $199 each and add a boost pedal and come in at $550 with tons of options the Revolt does not offer.

I’d recommend giving Blackstar a second chance with the Dept 10 drive pedals.

The Revolt is going back!

I am not surprised. Blackstar makes some great kit. I have a few of their tube-based pedals and a
couple of their amps. Been a fan for a long time.
:beer

Just don't tell JT this. He won't believe you. They are the worst of the worst. :whistle

:rofl

Back