Polyphonic pitch. Perception is everything I guess

tuners_s9fg9d.jpg

:bag

get-me-coat.gif

I had an EHX Pitchfork before the "along came poly" Helix update and I don't miss it a bit. The poly pitch might not be technically perfect but it's perfect for my needs. I had to split some songs presets in two because of the DSP usage, but not a huge problem.

And Gibson sued Tronical, but neither case ended up in court

I suppose you could technically say that Tronical "won" because Gibson "settled" the Tronical case as part of its Ch.11 bankruptcy case and paid out $4.6million to Tronical.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busin...cle_ed8f386d-8ce5-5200-83ce-485e0a2beb56.html

Yes. I remember trying a Les Paul with that first gen system on it and it was absolutely terrible. My Tronical+ has been going strong for 5+ years now without a single problem that wasn't remedied by proper set up. Not only is it an affordable and easy to use/install system but the few times I needed support, Tronical was on top of it immediately. Great company, great product.

Yes. I remember trying a Les Paul with that first gen system on it and it was absolutely terrible. My Tronical+ has been going strong for 5+ years now without a single problem that wasn't remedied by proper set up. Not only is it an affordable and easy to use/install system but the few times I needed support, Tronical was on top of it immediately. Great company, great product.
Can you actually do bends on the Tronical, or is it as [PROFANITY] as the Evertune?

You can do bends on the Evertune, but even right on the cusp of zone 2>3 .... it still feels a bit different. Like there is a bit of resistance when you first start the bend. Like the bridge is a stoner, finally realising he isn't welcome anymore and it's time to go home.

...okay, that analogy might not work here. Lot of Californians.

You can do bends on the Evertune, but even right on the cusp of zone 2>3 .... it still feels a bit different. Like there is a bit of resistance when you first start the bend. Like the bridge is a stoner, finally realising he isn't welcome anymore and it's time to go home.

...okay, that analogy might not work here. Lot of Californians.

Thanks for that! I only played an Evertune-equipped guitar once, visiting a buddy who's a huge metalhead. He says he likes it without being able to do bends, which actually made me consider calling a psych ward to accommodate his ass! :D LOL

Biggest issue would be routing a cavity for the PCB/Brains in the back of the guitar.
I looked into all of this in the past and have owned a Variax, and thought it might be cool
to put the guts into a nice guitar.
You used to be able to order a body from Warmoth pre-routed for Variax 300 guts. Unfortunately they dropped that option rather than designing anything suited to JTV parts. (The 300 was a much easier transplant because all of the brains were enclosed in a little aluminum box. You could pull that, and the bridge off of a V300, drop it in the Warmoth body, plug in some ribbon cables, and be done.)

Last edited:
yeah I was tempted. Have to cut out the pick guard for the hex pup though right?
Or...

Can you actually do bends on the Tronical, or is it as [PROFANITY] as the Evertune?

Oh absolutely. All it does is change tunings for you. Nothing is different otherwise. No negative affect on intonation or sustain. It doesnt re-tune in real time automatically. You have to make it/tell it the tuning you want.

Or...

It'd be nice to find an available one. I have lost a few bidding wars on ebay for one of those.

I had a buddy over a few weeks ago and he brought his Fishman Triple Play thing with him. Interesting but it seemed laggy.
Pitch to MIDI conversion is always going to present some amount of lag. A massive amount of lag relative to the discussions we have about amp modeling - like, orders of magnitude greater. A hex pickup to send to a processor for alternate tuning isn't going to be nearly that laggy.

It'd be nice to find an available one. I have lost a few bidding wars on ebay for one of those.
I can only imagine. It's uncommon to run into a right-handed GC-1 or Roland Ready Strat. There are probably very few lefties "out in the wild".

I didn't notice that one had sold. Anyway, that listing is a little odd. It says "GC-1" but it's got a 21-fret neck, like the earlier "Roland Ready" Strats. Maybe someone swapped the neck out at some point.

I hated all the polyphonic pitch pedals until I finally used it in the context of a band. Then I could no longer hear the artifacts that bothered me so much and I really dig it. Though to build patches tho.

I hated all the polyphonic pitch pedals until I finally used it in the context of a band. Then I could no longer hear the artifacts that bothered me so much and I really dig it. Though to build patches tho.

Right yes. Sitting alone playing it by itself you can definitely hear and feel the difference. Even when turned up to band volume

Back