Polyphonic pitch. Perception is everything I guess

They all have a "thing" they impart to the tone. The GK has a growly cocked wah thing (duh, Boss!) that works great for my ears. The FAS is really good. There is a bit of a latency in heavy CPU presets. The Stomp I don't use much because you don't have any room to stretch out in a preset if you do use it.

I keep putting on and taking off my Mooer Pitchbox pedal (its the only one I could find small enough to really fit). I wish it had a way to switch it on and off with helix's amp switcher. It has quite a bit of latency and is nowhere near as good sounding as Helix's polycapo, though it is way less muffled and dark than the digitech drop

I've circled the Variax stuff a time or two but they were always weird body styles or I heard nothing but terrible things about the palm mutes (my entire reason for this kind of tech in a non-guitar synth guitar) and it also required me to be all in on Helix much more than I wanted to be.

They do blow. Hard. Evewn my Buddy who has 2 Variaxes agrees. Piezo gonna Piezo. :facepalm

why do some say it's terrible?
Likely because they are comparing to these:

Shubb_F1.jpg

F-2330_a_bg.png

Likely because they are comparing to these:

Shubb_F1.jpg

F-2330_a_bg.png
Right. The first one works better for stuff like Jet Airliner and the 2nd one can't compete with my Tronical system. Nothing could compete if all you had to do for ANY tuning was step on a switch. I play in E standard, 1/2 step down, full step down, double drop D, 3 semitones down, 3 semi-tones up, Open E, Open G, on a regular basis and occasionally DADGAD.

Lot's of very sensitive parts. One mess up and goodbye.

It's just pots, a bridge/trem with piezos, and a PCB. Nothing too outlandish.

Biggest issue would be routing a cavity for the PCB/Brains in the back of the guitar.
I looked into all of this in the past and have owned a Variax, and thought it might be cool
to put the guts into a nice guitar.

I just realizeed I don't like the plinky digitalness of piezo triggered sounds. :idk

It's just pots, a bridge/trem with piezos, and a PCB. Nothing too outlandish.

Biggest issue would be routing a cavity for the PCB/Brains in the back of the guitar.
I looked into all of this in the past and have owned a Variax, and thought it might be cool
to put the guts into a nice guitar.

I just realizeed I don't like the plinky digitalness of piezo triggered sounds. :idk
Piezos have to be removed and reversed. Already looked into it. very fine wires attached to them. Way too much at stake to chance it.

Back