Plugin For Making A Guitar Sound Like A Bass (No Latency) ?

You're better off just buying a cheap bass.
Had one, but recently gave it away to make room on the wall hanger for a new guitar.

Taylor Swift Grammys 2016 GIF

I use a EHX nano pog & just crank the lower octave.

Then I put it through a SVT Sans Amp, which has an XLR out.

(I am using an old hard disc recorder - however Newer versions of the Sansamp might have USB outs if you need it)

Can be heard using the guitar in the video here (middle position so both humbuckers):

And a Wolfgang standard with both humbuckers in middle position here on this suite of songs:

After recorded, just did some light compression & eq.

That would be "easy" but I need to hear it as a bass in real-time as I play it.

:farley
(1) it sounds like you are just using the eventude stuff as plug-in, so are actually still just printing a DI guitar track? Even if you are printing the Eventide effect, ezbass will replace that just as easily as the di guitar.

(2) hell, it might even work in real-time with not sufficiently more latency than you are getting from the Eventide plugins.

If the Eventide approach is only giving you passable tone, it’s worth trying the demo.

(1) it sounds like you are just using the eventude stuff as plug-in, so are actually still just printing a DI guitar track? Even if you are printing the Eventide effect, ezbass will replace that just as easily as the di guitar.

(2) hell, it might even work in real-time with not sufficiently more latency than you are getting from the Eventide plugins.

If the Eventide approach is only giving you passable tone, it’s worth trying the demo.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking; was to go in after I record and run the "fake bass" track thru another plugin to make it sound like a real bass.

:unsure:

I saw a vid for a box sometime in the last year where you ran a guitar into said box and it output two signals, one for straight guitar tone the other for a "bass" tone. Cannot remember what it's called though... :unsure:

Perhaps it was the EHX Bass:9?

LOVE love love my DROP pedal (so much so I have two of them now... they breed like rabbits, fyi, sort of like 10-band eq pedals). Really want one of these too, but haven't found a valid "reason" to shift from want to need. 🤣

That's similar to what I do sometimes. I record my Bass into EZD3's bandmate function. It converts it to midi and I import my mess into EZB in a project track.

Here's an example

EZ Drummer 3? The drums sound really good. The bass does as well - I assume you can run the bass through other plugins to add fuzz/distortion/FX as desired?

Reactions: Axe
That's similar to what I do sometimes. I record my Bass into EZD3's bandmate function. It converts it to midi and I import my mess into EZB in a project track.

Here's an example

This is great. I just upgraded to EZD3 and saw the bandmate option but hadn't had a chance to see what all it can do.

Back