Plugin For Making A Guitar Sound Like A Bass (No Latency) ?

There would always be some latency as it would probably consist of some type of pitch algorithm and would need to “look ahead.”

That said, you might be able to get close with an octaver and some heavy EQ’ing.
Couldn't I setup an Eventide 910 or 949 to do that with no latency ?

:unsure:

Couldn't I setup an Eventide 910 or 949 to do that with no latency ?

:unsure:
How much latency are we talking here? I’m not familiar with the Eventide algos, but I’d imagine it’d still have to look-ahead. But if the latency is in the single digits, it probably won’t even be noticeable.

Even the more recent pitch shifting algos, such as on the Axe-FX are tracking scary fast.

I guess the biggest obstacle would be the tone. Most of the work will be trying to emulate a 30-34” scale on a 24.75-25.5” scale guitar with much lighter strings.

It’d be a fun experiment though. Maybe I’ll give it a shot this evening.

One of the plugins included in the Eventide Anthology (that I never messed with until now) is called "Octavox".

Works great for this purpose !

Drop one octave, select "Bass Guitar" as the voice.

One of the plugins included in the Eventide Anthology (that I never messed with until now) is called "Octavox".

Works great for this purpose !

Drop one octave, select "Bass Guitar" as the voice.
I just tried the Poly Capo in the Helix and while it tracks ok, the timbre is off. I’m curious how the Eventide sounds.

Yeah, helix native works fine for that. You could use it for tracking, then after you get a take you like use your DAW's pitch changing capabilities to detune. Then run it through a bass plugin in helix or something else.

Yeah, I ran it through the factory SVT preset. Compared to my Jazz bass, it wasn’t even close. The frequency was there, just not the timbre.
Try detuning the raw audio (DI wav) down an octave in your DAW. Then run that through the bass plugin. It should sound more realistic.
Using the poly capo is good for tracking and a reference to get in the groove but won't be ideal.

I saw a vid for a box sometime in the last year where you ran a guitar into said box and it output two signals, one for straight guitar tone the other for a "bass" tone. Cannot remember what it's called though... :unsure:

For the timbre, you might want to play with your pickup selectors; if your guitar has the option, splitting a humbucker into parallel split coils makes it better, when compared to a full humbucker sound for pitching down.

Yep, when I use to do mock bass tracks with a Whammy pedal I’d put it on the 2/4 positions of my JEM without fail.

EZBass seems pretty for some quick bass tracks, if I remember right it just takes the DI, pitches it down and makes it sound like a bass.

Back