If you want a plugin for bass guitar

Orvillain

Rock Star
Edgelord
Just buy Helix Native.

It really is the best option going for bass tones, no question. The Neural Darkglass plugins and Parallax plugin are cool too, but Helix Native just offers so much. I struggle a lot more to get instantly good bass tones from my Axe FX III than I do Helix Native tbh!

Not quite an amp sim, but strictly for recording and mixing bass, IMO nothing beats FabFilter Saturn.

Just buy Helix Native.

It really is the best option going for bass tones, no question. The Neural Darkglass plugins and Parallax plugin are cool too, but Helix Native just offers so much. I struggle a lot more to get instantly good bass tones from my Axe FX III than I do Helix Native tbh!

Absolutely. There's no more capable or flexible bass plugin that I know of.

That being said, despite the paltry factory offerings on bass on my FM9...I use it quite a bit for impromptu stuff when I'm away from my computer using either the GoT preset from Tom Hamilton of Aerosmith (for all clean to classic rock/funk stuff) or factory preset #104 "Djent Bass" from Leon Todd (for heavy rock and all things high gain).

Not quite an amp sim, but strictly for recording and mixing bass, IMO nothing beats FabFilter Saturn.

I never thought of using it for that, I’ll give it a shot. I’ve used Saturn on some screaming vocals in the past just getting the extra rasp some more detail. Good call.

Actually on our last album I reamped a bunch of the bass through Saturn to create some distortion and sub drops and things like that. Sounded glorious through the Eden bass cab we were using!

Helix really is the GOAT for bass, by some distance. And even not taking anything else into account its just INCREDIBLE for bass. Its worth the asking price alone purely for that.

It gets nowhere near the praise it deserves IMO.

I never thought of using it for that, I’ll give it a shot. I’ve used Saturn on some screaming vocals in the past just getting the extra rasp some more detail. Good call.
Current version has a nice selection of amp emulations (not actual, but works nice for bass) that are great for coloring midrange and top end in different flavors. No cab needed, just the Saturn, which makes getting good tone easy. For low end, I just go uncolored or with a slight saturation. Plus you can adjust dynamics for each band per taste.

Presets please?

Scared Persuasion GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

Back