Pedals to chuck in front of my Recto

Orvillain

Rock Star
Edgelord
What pedals other than a TS or SD1 would you throw in front of a Recto?

Are there any pedals out there that would give me the sound of the 'Pushed' mode when run into the clean mode???

It really is a shame that the clean/pushed (and I guess the raw/vintage/modern too) switches can't be footswitched.

How about an ep booster, electra or SHO? I've been using boosts instead of ods with the gain turned down with my jvm for a while now.

tjv39rhwg85aypma6pla.jpg

I love the sweet honey but it's only really worked for me into Fender amps. I haven't had it back on my board since I sold my Princeton and hot rod deville.
I'm not in that camp, but it's all personal preference. Just giving a different answer than others, kind of my deal.

I run a clone of it into my Laney IRT120 dirty channel, and the clean....it's the best gain pedal I've ever used ...it does light to upper mid level gain, and stacks great.

For context I use it exclusively when trying to ape Kim Thayil from Soundgarden. I can use it for just about all gain level sounds....and the deluxe has added eq control, which makes it even more useful, to me.

Absolutely. It's a pedal I love I just found other drives worked better for me with the other amps I've had.

It does stack incredibly well though. Loosely based on rat topology.
I mainly love what the focus knob does, in regards to pick attack and the mid character. It responded very much like a good barky amp, but with oomph.🤷🏻‍♂️

I find i like stuff that is a bit outside of normal.

For pushed mode type tones, I’d go with a Tim/timmy or maybe a morning glory or light speed.

Also, certain Germanium range master style circuits with a full range mode or mode with more bass in it can be cool in front of the recto clean channel. That won’t sound like the pushed mode really, but it’s an interesting sound.

D

What pedals other than a TS or SD1 would you throw in front of a Recto?
What happens when you use a TS with how the amp sounds right now? To much mids? If the amp has a hump somewhere that's already prominent, you should not boost that. Theoretically.... that is. Is my opinion. So then its about finding the one that boosts the parts you want to boost.
I think I would try one that has b/m/t controls. Or a EQ pedal first maybe. Then you'd now for sure and the search for a dedicated drive will continue in that direction. Theoretically

What happens when you use a TS with how the amp sounds right now? To much mids? If the amp has a hump somewhere that's already prominent, you should not boost that. Theoretically.... that is. Is my opinion. So then its about finding the one that boosts the parts you want to boost.
I think I would try one that has b/m/t controls. Or a EQ pedal first maybe. Then you'd now for sure and the search for a dedicated drive will continue in that direction. Theoretically

I read his request more like, “what should I consider other than the usual suspects.” If you ask what to put in front of a recto, most people will say TS without even reading what you’re trying to do. It’s a classic combo. It’s also pretty boring on the clean channel IMO and won’t give you the “pushed” mode sound.

D

Back