Partscasters, lets see 'em

eBay Ash body from RS Guitar Works. DiMarzio 36th Ann. pups. Warmoth neck with 6100SS Frets.
Tele.jpg

2015. USACG neck (before that company was bought).

Got an Alder body blank and sealed it myself and then sprayed it with Ocean Turquoise Metallic nitro. I'm defintiely never going to spray nitro again; that was a nightmare. Metallic nitro is particularly hard to deal with. Nasty stuff, anyway. 😱

Lollar pups. Staytrem bridge. Originally had the Fender vintage vibrato unit installed, but I couldn't get a good enough break angle without jacking up the bridge stupidly high, so bought a Descendent vibrato unit to mitigate that geometry issue.

View attachment 7259

Partsmaster? :idk

Loving seeing everyone's guitars. Some of mine have shown up in other threads but I'll add them here anyway. I'm about 3 years into learning how to assemble high-quality partscasters, and each of these guitars was an step in that adventure. I'm going to reference them by name, which sounds ridiculous, and it is. My wife and I name these because she thinks it's fun. I let her because she is a good sport tolerating often waking up to guitar parts all over our house.

Bruce Wayne:

This body came with a nice black pickguard I can swap in, at which it becomes Batman.
- Guitar Mill double bound nitro over lightweight alder
- WD AAA limited run chunky tele neck finished in nitro, rolled fretboard edges, and fret level done at K-Line
- Vintage spec wiring - Fender PV64 tele pickups though its shown here with a SD firebird neck pickup and SD Donahue Bridge which the single coils eventually replaced.

Ben Affleck:
(Name pulled from a fav movie quote - "You white, you Ben Affleck")

This was my attempt at a 60s Jimmy Page style tele with a couple choice mods.
- Guitar Mill lightweight swamp ash body w/ nitro blonde/white
- Allparts TRO-FAT with rolled edges and nitro finish
- Fender PV64 tele pickups with vintage wiring and a treble bleed

Not Named:

This was my take chasing an American Original 60s Tele in Lake Placid Blue on the cheap
- GFS XGP Body (factory finished in poly)
- Allparts TRO neck (factory finished in poly)
- Fender PV64 pickups w/ vintage wiring

The next pile of parts:

This will be a 60s spec strat once its done.
- Wildwood lightweight alder strat body finished in Lake Placid Blue
- WD Limited Run chunky AAA maple neck in satin nitro, hand rolled edges and frets leveled at K-Line

I'm sort of hoping I'm done with partscasters, but I honestly enjoy putting these together, so no promises.

Showed mine 2015 build recently, but here goes again then. No paint jobs or such, I tru-oiled the neck.

Hosco Alder body, 2 tone.
Warmoth 2 piece roasted maple, stainless frets, 2'nd side adjustment for truss rod. A chunky C I think.
All nickel hardware. Kluson vintage locking tuners.
Gotoh bridge, 3 brass saddles.
Seymour Duncan Little 59 set.
Obsidian Wire, vintage 3 way electrics.
1 ply matte guard.

IMG_0607.jpeg

I'm sort of hoping I'm done with partscasters, but I honestly enjoy putting these together, so no promises.
The problem is that it's a great satisfaction in doing it and playing them. There's also nothing like a "100% as you wanted it" parts caster, therefore one has to think of different builds :rofl

What the hell is that contraption on top of the cab?
A 4u rack.
Power strip, wireless receiver and a hafler power amp.

I gigged with a boss gt3 and later a gt8 with that half stack for a good 10+ years.

The 4x12 has 2 green backs and 2 classic 30's running in stereo.

I built the whole thing out of mdf. She's a heavy bitch

My first Tele was a Peavey Raptor, sweet little guitar!

I started this thread but Imgur was being an asshole. Here are a few of my builds...
Just wrapped up this fiesta red...

This guy turned out to be a real player, its in the hands of a good friend who couldn't put it down...

This one started out its life as a Baja Tele, but I needed the carpet to match the drapes, so...

Wanted an old Esquire to see if there was any truth to the myth that the neck pickup restricts free movement of the strings...

Another one that got built from parts I had already when i got a cast off body. Freeway 10 way blade switch, Kingtone Classic switch on bottom tone control. Highwood saddles, Hipshots, Zero Glide zero fret, Warmoth roasted maple / rosewood neck with Evo gold 6150s. Action is about 0.035 at 17 and no buzz. All on a full thickness Squier SE. I have a set of HSS EMGs too, if I ever gig again and need noiseless. Edit: Oh and the GM ebay Alnico II $25 pickups are well worth that money.
IMG_0161.jpeg

Last edited:
Back