Orbit Culture

YES!!!

I heard these guys about 9 months ago and fell in love with them right away. They're using QC's live, but that's ok because they're also playing Solars. Singer sounds a lot like old Hetfield at times and sick riffs! ::insert devil horn emoji here::

YES!!!

I heard these guys about 9 months ago and fell in love with them right away. They're using QC's live, but that's ok because they're also playing Solars. Singer sounds a lot like old Hetfield at times and sick riffs! ::insert devil horn emoji here::
Yeah I heard about these guys around that same time frame. I wish he pulled some more Hetfield-y stuff in this particular tune.

They're pretty good live, too. Jamie Jasta has been promoting the shit out of them on his podcast for the last 6 months, he fell in love with them the second he heard them too.

I warmed to it around the breakdown. (It’s got that Sad But True’ish opening riff mixed in there) I dig anything involving the sacrifice of a beating heart to a goat demon in the woods.

I warmed to it around the breakdown. (It’s got that Sad But True’ish opening riff mixed in there) I dig anything involving the sacrifice of a beating heart to a goat demon in the woods.
How could you not? :satan

They're pretty good live, too. Jamie Jasta has been promoting the s**t out of them on his podcast for the last 6 months, he fell in love with them the second he heard them too.

One thing on Jasta. I have a weird view of him for whatever reason. He fits Hatebreed like a glove (obviously) and I do like his enthusiasm and attitude towards metal in general. But I also think he thinks of himself as some sort of Andy Sneap/Roy Z renaissance man for old metal singers and I don't think he is anywhere near the savior he wants to be. That Dee Snider thing was god awful. I think he is doing something with Ripper Owens and that is probably going to be similarly horrible. To be fair to Jasta; Snider was never metal and Owens best thing was a song or two in JP and that first Charred Walls of the Damned thing.

One thing on Jasta. I have a weird view of him for whatever reason. He fits Hatebreed like a glove (obviously) and I do like his enthusiasm and attitude towards metal in general. But I also think he thinks of himself as some sort of Andy Sneap/Roy Z renaissance man for old metal singers and I don't think he is anywhere near the savior he wants to be. That Dee Snider thing was god awful. I think he is doing something with Ripper Owens and that is probably going to be similarly horrible. To be fair to Jasta; Snider was never metal and Owens best thing was a song or two in JP and that first Charred Walls of the Damned thing.

Hahahahahaha funny story about that Dee album; on one of his podcasts he said something like “If you’ve got a bunch of music you’re sitting on and you can present it in a listenable way, send it to me! I’m looking for writers for a project I’m working on!”

I had a few songs I recorded but didn’t know what to do with them so I sent them to him, a couple weeks later I get a reply back from him saying there were a couple songs he’s going to farm out and for me not to send them to anyone else until I heard back from him. A couple weeks go by and he says on the podcast he’s doing this album with Dee and is gathering songs for it, how he’s super excited he found this one guy who just records in his house without a band, doing everything on his own….so I’m getting all excited at the possibility of him talking about me. I’m telling my ex, my friends and just going way further in my head than reality should have allowed for, because I found out eventually he was talking about the guy who ended up playing with Dee.

And I never heard back from him at all. Maybe I’ll get an e-mail in a couple years, “Dude, can I still use these tracks?” :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and yeah, he definitely gets enthusiastic about everything he’s doing. The guy is constantly looking for ways to make a buck but it’s not in a douchey way, so I don’t mind. I love it when he presents business ideas to guests on the show. The one with Randy Blythe was good; Randy’s Candies. They were coming up with all these silly names for the candy involving LoG song titles and Randy-isms, they got a good couple of segments from that alone.

Hahahahahaha funny story about that Dee album; on one of his podcasts he said something like “If you’ve got a bunch of music you’re sitting on and you can present it in a listenable way, send it to me! I’m looking for writers for a project I’m working on!”

I had a few songs I recorded but didn’t know what to do with them so I sent them to him, a couple weeks later I get a reply back from him saying there were a couple songs he’s going to farm out and for me not to send them to anyone else until I heard back from him. A couple weeks go by and he says on the podcast he’s doing this album with Dee and is gathering songs for it, how he’s super excited he found this one guy who just records in his house without a band, doing everything on his own….so I’m getting all excited at the possibility of him talking about me. I’m telling my ex, my friends and just going way further in my head than reality should have allowed for, because I found out eventually he was talking about the guy who ended up playing with Dee.

And I never heard back from him at all. Maybe I’ll get an e-mail in a couple years, “Dude, can I still use these tracks?” :ROFLMAO:
I would have preferred your tracks :satan Biggest issue I had with it is the whole thing wasjust the whole dumba$$ "love of metal" absolute garbage lyrical slant. Dee doesn't have the metal cred in my eyes to get away with that. For whatever that is or isn't worth to him lololol

I would have preferred your tracks :satan Biggest issue I had with it is the whole thing wasjust the whole dumba$$ "love of metal" absolute garbage lyrical slant. Dee doesn't have the metal cred in my eyes to get away with that. For whatever that is or isn't worth to him lololol

You’re not wrong about that. I dug the idea of it but thought Dee was an odd choice. I don’t think Dee even listens to metal. :ROFLMAO: Be cool for someone like Chuck Billy to do, I could believe Chuck has a love for metal.

I saw Prong on the Prove You Wrong your. So EPIC :satan They don't get enough credit.
So uh, my best friend bought me a birthday present for the first time in decades this past year...it was a personalized video HBD shoutout thing from...Riki Rachtman. It was the weirdest inside joke/someone's-not-in-on-the-joke-but-will-take-$50-for-anything thing I've ever viewed.

Back