Oh man why can't the amp Gods leave me alone?

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I absolutely love my <new to me> EVH 5150 III but an opportunity just popped up to trade it for this below and I'm not sure I can refuse. I really enjoyed the 6505+ combo I had and getting that Randall cab with it is hard to turn down.

Decisions...decisions...

1700581883823.png

What speakers are in that Randall? V30s? I prefer the OG 5150 over the +.
Pretty sure it's the stock Randall speakers. It's the RG412 model and according to a quick search the speakers are "Custom Randall Design" I never bothered to look into what the + means for the 6505+. Guess I should.

I'd probably lean towards keeping that 50. Mainly because the form factor and features. But also that Randall cab isn't adding any real trade value if you decide to off it down the road. Once I got into smaller heads; it's tough af to go back to the full sizers.

5150s always sounded great in everyone elses hands, but I could never gel with them

5153 is what I always wanted them to be and so much more. One can never have too many amps, but if you're talking offloading the III in favor of that, I would say heck no

Bob, I bet the note on my nutz,
-you were STALLION amongst the barfly babe’s.
F’n, runnin’ like hogs m, in & out burger,
legit runnin’ with the devil.
No muff too tuff,
-you’ll get ear to ear in it.

The woman whom simmered you away from the barfly babe’s scene & settled you down
is one helluva’ good woman👍

Bob, this mid-life amplifier crisis is nothin’ more or nothin’ less then runnin the towns barfly Wh*res…

( BTW, I’m always joking/kidding❤️‍🔥).

5153 has deh weird mids. So does the 5150II, but there is an easy mod that James Brown mentioned that fixes it. I’d go 6505

6505 is vintage 🤷
Are they really different? Clearly idk anything about the VH tones.

The woman whom simmered you away from the barfly babe’s scene & settled you down

HAHA thanks and you got that right, she's a great woman. 20 years together now. She has said many times to me "I am glad you don't change women like you do music gear". Never cheated on her and never will. I was just a tad "cough cough" promiscuous back in the day though. Of course back then if you were in a band (at least in my region) you were guaranteed action whenever you wanted it.

I might have heard this same thing a time or bazillion :bag:rofl

I very rarely get rid of gear, in fact I'll try and keep whatever possible, because it "might come in handy some day".

I'm glad I'm not like that as a lover. A two digit number of exes (and short stints) in the house, along with Mrs Right? Yelp! 😂 Even getting back "the one that got away" could never justify that...

Bob, I bet the note on my nutz,
-you were STALLION amongst the barfly babe’s.
F’n, runnin’ like hogs m, in & out burger,
legit runnin’ with the devil.
No muff too tuff,
-you’ll get ear to ear in it.

Bob, this mid-life amplifier crisis is nothin’ more or nothin’ less then runnin the towns barfly Wh*res…

( BTW, I’m always joking/kidding❤️‍🔥).

1700596051041.jpeg

I very rarely get rid of gear, in fact I'll try and keep whatever possible, because it "might come in handy some day".

I'm glad I'm not like that as a lover. A two digit number of exes (and short stints) in the house, along with Mrs Right? Yelp! 😂 Even getting back "the one that got away" could never justify that...

There were exactly 3 things to do where I grew up in the backwoods of New Hampshire,

Drink
Fight
F*ck
And we did copious amounts of it. I do wish I'd have met my wife in my early 20's though but hey life is life.

Back